4.95| Extra: The Vicious Zombie King Chen Hua

Hi guys!

I just wanted to let you know that I changed our MC's name from Zhu An to Zhi An! It seemed that my original intention was the use the name Zhu An for our MC, but as I write further, I preferred Zhi An more. If you haven't noticed yet, I also fixed all the earliest chapters so other readers won't have this problem!

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

+++

That night Chen Hua dreamt of the past.

A familiar scene appeared in front of him.

He saw the younger version of him sitting on the sofa with his young sister beside him. They were currently in his parent's house, and Chen Hua realised that this scene happened back in 2018. The two siblings were currently sharing popcorn as they watched a drama movie. The scene was extremely harmonious, totally different to their estranged relationship in the future.

He felt a cold touch on his cheeks, and turned his face to see that his mother was handing him a cold juice that she had just made.

"Hua-er, Ling-er, don't eat too much popcorn, okay? It's not healthy for both of you." His mother gently smiled, "Drink my juice instead. I mixed banana, avocado and blueberries just now."

"Mhm." Chen Hua placed the popcorn aside and grabbed his mother's juice.

Chen Ling who sat beside him pouted, her eyes trained at the popcorn that her brother set aside.

"Gege...", Chen Ling called him with a coquettish voice.

"No." Chen Hua said firmly.

"I want the popcorn."

"No."

"Pretty please..."

"No."

"I'll pay you 50 bucks."

"No."

His mother who stood behind them laughed, her bell-like laughter rang throughout the area.

"Don't eat too much popcorn, Chen Ling. Mom remembered that you got a sore throat a few days ago. What if you strain it again?" His mother patted her daughter's head, her mouth still chuckling, "Pay attention to your sister, Hua-er. Make sure she didn't touch the popcorn."

Chen Ling clicked her tongue in annoyance.

Chen Hua gave her a look and snickered as he replied, "Sure, mom."

"What a good brother that you are." Chen Ling mocked.

But her mom didn't catch the sarcasm in her tone and smiled proudly, "Isn't he? I won't have to worry when your father and I are no longer here. Chen Hua can take care of you for us."

"Who said that I'll take care of her? Who would want to take care of a troublemaker like her?" Chen Hua spitefully answered.

"I also don't want to be taken care of by you!" Chen Ling huffed, "I'll find a handsome boy and let him marry me! Then I won't need you to take care of me!"

Chen Hua saw the younger version of him roll his eyes. Although the younger him used to care a lot for her, Chen Hua didn't hold anymore feelings for her. He watched the scene with a stagnant gaze, as if there were no ripples in his heart.

As if watching an advertisement, the scene passed and the next scene appeared in front of him.

This time it was 8 months into the apocalypse. It was the day he was thrown out of the caravan into a horde of zombies, the day he was first betrayed by his sister and his closest friend.