2.10| The Immature Delinquent Qi Cheng

Qi Cheng was exhausted beyond reason, his attention was fully focused on trying to keep himself awake. Not realising that the man behind him had raised his metal rod up in the air, ready to strike down onto his head. An evil grin donned on the man's face, his eyes glinting under the sunset, expecting to see some blood.

Xie Zhang that lied on the ground smiled. Yes! Fuck him hard!

BAM!

The metal rod smashed the back of a man's head, he immediately puked as blood spilled onto the cold hard ground. Blood that did not belong to Qi Cheng, but rather the man who raised the metal rod. Confused, the man tried to look back to see the perpetrator. However, he wasn't given a second longer before another strike finished him.

Hearing the sound that came from behind him, Qi Cheng finally woke up from his stupor, his head turning around just in time to see a man's body slumping to the ground with a thud. The metal rod in his hand that was previously raised high fell down to the floor with a clang. As the man's body descended, a male figure behind him was revealed.

It was a familiar cold face.

Su Yun.

The doctor appeared aloof, as if what he just did to the other man was nothing worth mentioning. His cool inky green eyes watched the scene with indifference. His back facing the evening sunset, the light casted a thin layer on his handsome features, causing him to look as ethereal and exquisite as a figure in a dream.

But his harsh words that came after it caused the image to crash down.

"Why did you not call me?" Su Yun frowned, his tone when asking was not polite at all, showing hints of displease. His figure holding a similar metal rod that hung loosely on his hand. Fresh blood trickled down the metal rod, forming a small puddle on the cold hard ground. The man suppressed his rage as he asked again, "I gave you my contact, why did you not call me?!"

Ding! [Progress bar: 12%. Continue to work hard!]

The scene was a mess. Piles of unconscious bodies littered the ground, metal rods strewn across the ground. A suffocating smell of metallic blood filled the air, making one want to choke. Overall, it was a despondent and bloody scene.

When Su Yun was met with this scene, boiling anger started to rise up. It was even harder to describe his feelings when he saw a strange man about to smash his student on the back of his head. After getting familiarised with this student of his, Su Yun realised that the young student really was a simple young adult, just that he had been misunderstood by others. So how could he simply stand a blind eye towards this scene?

Qi Cheng looked up to see the young doctor berate him with cursing words, his heart throbbed when he was met with a pair of concerned eyes. A sweet feeling suffused his heart with warmth, no longer minding the pain that his body was in. 

"Can you walk?" The young doctor walked over to him.

Qi Cheng was about to nod as he stood up, but his weak legs soon gave up on him, his body falling over.

A strong hand immediately grabbed his hand before another one circled around his waist to support his body, causing his body to lean on the elder man's.

"T-thank you." Qi Cheng stuttered, embarrassed.

"En." The man hummed, his figure supported the leaning body, pulling him to walk them out of the scene.

"Wait!" Xie Zhang who had been watching from the sidelines used this chance to stop them. His eyes were blazing with anger and humiliation with having beaten the second time, a part of him could not bear to allow the younger man escape just like that.

"What? You dare to stop me?"

Su Yun sneered as he gave a glance, his lips curved into a smile yet it did not reach his eyes. When this smile fell on Xie Zhang, he could only feel an inexplicable chill.

"N-no." Xie Zhang gulped down a mouthful of saliva as he backed away. His instincts somehow told him that he should not mess with this man. He could only grit his teeth as he watched his despised enemy get out of the situation alive.

Su Yun retracted his gaze as he supported Qi Cheng's body, carrying him out of this horrendous scene. Their figures leaving behind dozens of unconscious bodies that littered on the cold hard ground.

~

It's already late and the campus was closed, so Su Yun could only bring Qi Cheng to his apartment which was located few minutes away from the campus.

Qi Cheng was currently laid on the sofa as he watched the young doctor kneeling by his side with a serious gaze, tending to his injuries.

Qi Cheng sighed in guilt. He couldn't believe that in just 2 days, he got injured 3 times. This is basically setting up a new record in his whole lifetime.

Qi Cheng sneaked a glance at the young doctor beside him. The man's eyes narrowed to focus on the injuries presented before him. His lips pursed in a fine line.

Qi Cheng sighed. No matter how many times he saw it, he never got bored of this beautiful scene, rather a seed of satisfaction quickly sprouted out from his heart.

It was as if the man's attention were fully focused on him; as if his eyes would only hold his figure alone.

At the thought, an indescribable heat rose up to his cheeks.

Awkward in where to place his eyes, Qi Cheng observed the apartment that he's in. The apartment followed its owner's temperament, completely clean and spotless. The furnitures were organised in a manner that made it look not overcrowded. With interior painted in beige colors and high ceilings, the space appeared larger than it seemed, giving a sense of minimalism.

"It's done."

Su Yun's voice brought him out of his thoughts, he stood up and continued, "Are your parents gonna pick you up?"

"En. I'll call them now." Qi Cheng sat up, pulling his phone from his pocket and dialled a number, placing it on his ear.

But soon, Qi Cheng's expression turned embarrassed, because no matter how many times he called, the call never went through.

"Er..." Qi Cheng looked up, his eyes met with Su Yun's calm gaze, "No one's picking up..."

Su Yun gave Qi Cheng a meaningful gaze, his eyes lingering for a second, causing the young student to stiffen. Qi Cheng could feel awkwardness crept up onto him when he was stared by the young doctor.

But fortunately, the young doctor's meaningful gaze dispersed and a gentle smile graced his countenance, "It's fine. You can just stay here for the night."

"Hm?" Surprised, Qi Cheng raised his eyebrows. His gaze unconsciously deepened at the man's statement.

"...Are you sure?"

The man's voice turned low and serious. A hint of dark ambiguity rose up from the depths of his eyes, yet the other man did not caught it.

"It's already dark outside, so it's dangerous to go home at this time, especially in your injured state." The young doctor calmly stated, "I'll talk to your parents about it tomorrow."

"Oh." Perhaps because Qi Cheng was taken aback by the young doctor's decision that he did not question the man's strange words and simply agreed. "Okay."

"Go take a bath first. The bathroom is at the end of the hallway. I'll prepare your clothes in the meantime." Su Yun gave another glance, "Also, make sure that the injuries do not touch the water."

"En."