2.13| The Immature Delinquent Qi Cheng

The relationship between the two men quickly escalated after the exchange, becoming exceptionally close. Especially the young man's attitude towards the university doctor that could be said to be sticky.

From that day on, no matter if it's during break or class, Qi Cheng would go to Su Yun's infirmary to find him every day.

Sometimes, he came just to see the young doctor, and other times, he came to share his lunchboxes.

Time moved very fast.

Three months passed in a blink of an eye. Qi Cheng's university life had been a repetitive routine, but somehow, with the additional presence of the university doctor, the young man found himself enjoying it. Furthermore, the group of thugs that bothered him early in spring never appeared again. Qi Cheng tried to find their trace to take revenge, but his effort was futile. It was as if they didn't exist in the first place.

Not long after that, Su Yun's progress bar quickly increased to 70%. It was a huge increase by 45% in three months. A curl on the young doctor's lips could not help but to rise, especially elated by the progress he had made, while at the same time ignoring the fact that a young man had been trying to eat his tofu for every chance he got.

Last month, the university announced that they're going to hold a two days one night trip to the mountains located on the other side of the island next month, causing the university to cram the upcoming exams into two weeks. Students had to spend all night studying to catch up, not excluding Qi Cheng, the notorious delinquent. He had to study for grades that barely passed the margin. The results of the examination were going to be released after their trip.

The trip was today.

Mountain Hu, a mountain was located at the north of the continent. It has very steep terrain with very shallow winds and towering forests. Rocky trails were created for professional climbers and hikers, while a clean path snaked around the side of the mountain, providing access for the transportations.

At the top of the alpine, a resort hotel was built. It was the only establishment that existed in the mountains, and was what attracted visitors and hikers to go visit this mountain in the first place.

It was a very luxurious resort. The resort hotel, called Spring Resort, had both hotel rooms and guest suites for both the wealthy and the lacking customers.

The hotel rooms were a standard sized room that could fit adults up to four people with a bathroom included. It was a very low-cost room compared to the guest suites. The guest suites were filled with elegance and luxury with a king-sized bed overlooking the view from the top of the mountains. While the bathroom was an open air jacuzzi that can be manually covered by a folding partition to create a private space.

The difference was miles apart.

The university already provided the low-cost hotel rooms for the students beforehand so the students did not need to give a payment again. However, wealthy students like Qi Cheng and the student council president Jin Jiang, who wanted to try out the expensive guest suites, were required to use their own expenses.

Currently, the group of students were sitting on the bus. There were those who chatter, their loud voices created a lively atmosphere, blending together in a sweet ritual of friendship. There were those that absorbed themselves into music, allowing their brains to daydream and rest as a symphony accompanied them in this journey. Others drifted themselves into sleep as tiredness ran in their veins, the gentle rocking of the bus made them forget their worries.

Qi Cheng sat at the very front seat of the bus with his childhood friends beside him, listening to music and humming to the soft beat every so often. There's no hint of Su Yun's presence beside him, and the reason was due to Su Yun's seat being allocated with the other teachers in another bus. His absence was also the reason why there was a scowl on Qi Cheng's face ever since the beginning of the ride. The two of his friends, who noticed his bad mood earlier, immediately shut their mouth to avoid angering him further. The front area of the bus turned completely silent due to the black dangerous aura that hovered above them.

Meanwhile, Lian An, our female protagonist, and her two friends, Hong Feng and Xiao Cui were sitting together on the back of the bus. Beside their seats were the male lead of this world, Jin Jiang and his two other student council members. Without the gap in the middle of the bus that separated the two sets of seats, Lian An and Jin Jiang's shoulders would be sticking to each other right now.

Unlike the dimmed atmosphere at the front of the bus, the atmosphere around them was extremely suggestive. Two youthful students were currently engaged in a passionate conversation, with the constant blushing from the female student and the teasing smile from the male student. One could see the blooming flowers in the background, it was as if spring had not passed yet.

"Ah, so you've been to the mountains?" Jin Jiang asked the female student beside him with interest.

"En." Lian An shyly answered.

"Tell me about it. I'm interested."

Lian An looked up in surprise, her green eyes revealed a twinkle, "You are? I loveee mountains!"

"Let me tell you, being in the mountains is so exciting!" Lian An's eyes sparkled as she explained, "You can feel the fresh mountain air that's absolutely impossible to find in the cities. There's also wild animals that you can hunt, and wild herbs everywhere— you basically don't have to spend any money to afford it! And gosh, the thing I love most is the view. A really ridiculously beautiful view of nature. When you're up there, you can see things that you would not see from a normal altitude. It was the reward we got after hiking; you can't simply describe it with words. It really touched the soul."

She continued to ramble on, her tone continued to rise in excitement as she explained her experiences. Jin Jiang saw her beautiful face was flushed, her cheeks red like a tomato. He found her adorably cute as she talked about the things she loved.

The young man unconsciously murmured, "...so cute."

Lian An paused in bafflement, "Huh? What is?"

Jin Jiang chuckled, a smile highlighted his attractive face, "You."

Hearing the young man's deep voice, Lian An immediately blushed deeper, her face now turned into scarlet. Her head bowed down to hide her embarrassing state.

Hong Feng who sat beside her friend did not pay any attention to their love-numbing conversation, yet her hands that she hid were clenched hard, fingernails digging into her palms. A trace of jealousy could be seen deep in her eyes. One that her friend, Lian An did not notice at all.

~

Ping.

A new message just came in a man's phone. Su Yun took his eyes away from the scenery outside the window as he looked down on the phone that vibrated in his hands.

The young doctor raised one of his eyebrows as he opened it.

Your beloved student, Qi Cheng: I miss you.

Qi Cheng renamed his title in Su Yun's phone that was previously written as 'Student 1' into 'Your beloved student, Qi Cheng' secretly. Su Yun was too lazy to bother with it, so he didn't change it.

As for the message, Qi Cheng had professed his love to Su Yun a couple of times. But why should he take it seriously? It's just a matter of time before eventually the young man would realise that his feelings were just a simple infatuation, especially when his love was between two men. Su Yun was certain that his so-called love wouldn't last long.

Su Yun: En. I miss you too.

Su Yun played along.

What he didn't know was the fact that Qi Cheng released a small chuckle back in his seat, believing the man's unexpected words as a warm smile graced his cold countenance.

+++

I hope the update's not too late. Also, a really hot chapter is coming up soon. Prepare tissues for MAJOR nosebleed. I'm gonna go all out in writing this. #usingmywholelifepornmaterials #ihopeihaveenoughblood

See you next week~