4.1| The Vicious Zombie King Chen Hua

Future, Year 2026.

"Catch him before he escapes!"

The afternoon sunlight dappled the ground, casting beautiful shadows on the moist earth. The leaves forming a canopy overhead turned golden green as the bright light filtered through.

Between the thick layers of the leaves, you could barely discern several streaks of shadows passing through with high speed. These several groups of men were warriors and survivors of the apocalypse. On their waists were weapons ranging from swords to guns. Ahead of them was a lone man with a pale skin and handsome countenance. Yet his body was far beyond fixable as the people chasing behind him continued to send him attacks.

"Catch him!"

Loud sounds of gunshots rang out across the space but the lone man easily deflected them with his sharpened blade.

Just when the man was about to give up, he finally stepped out onto a clearing. Few metres ahead of him was a sheer cliff, and on each side of it were rocky mountains that extended beyond the horizon.

When the man stopped, the people chasing after him similarly followed suit.

"Haa.. haa.." Even without a beating heart, Chen Hua could feel the fatigue that had finally caught up to him.

Just by standing there for a short while, Chen Hua's poor state could be seen. If he was a normal human, then he would have already accumulated a large pool of blood beneath his feet. But because he was a zombie, his injuries were far worse than what a normal human would receive. The side of his face was destroyed by a projectile, exposing the rotten flesh underneath it. One of his arms was barely hanging by a thread, the other was already disposed of somewhere during his escape. Chen Hua was only standing by one feet, the other leg had a similar state to his arms.

"Surrender yourself, oh Zombie King!"

Enemies surrounded him all around, and behind him was a sheer cliff; there was no way out for him. It was a foregone conclusion that he would die here today.

Chen Hua understood his situation clearly, but even in the face of death his expression did not change, it was unusually calm.

His gaze was quiet, his eyes like deep pools of water in a well, so deep that there seemed to be no end.

The three major factions that had surrounded him were not just the experienced soldiers, but also young and talented heroes. And amongst those young and talented heroes, he could distinguish several familiar faces. The people who he once called friends, were now standing at the opposite of him. The woman he once loved had betrayed him. Those people were now sneering at him, their eyes were gleaming with light, greedy at the object that was inside his brain.

"Heheheh....Ahahahaha!"

Chen Hua started laughing.

His voice sounded like it came from the deepest of the abyss. It was wicked, and would make any listener shiver in coldness. This out-of-place laughter continued to reverberate throughout the space, showing no signs of stopping. It felt like the Zombie King had really gone mad.

But none of the warriors moved; everyone was wary of Chen Hua's final attack.

"....What's so funny?" A small whisper that came out of a novice warrior's lips caused the air to halt. It was merely a whisper yet in this tense atmosphere, the soft voice was amplified a thousand times more.

Thereupon, Chen Hua suddenly stopped laughing. The silence was a radical change. It caused several warriors to break out goosebumps.

Chen Hua's vicious gaze was directed to the speaker.