4.6| The Vicious Zombie King Chen Hua

In the nearby gas station,

A group of armed military forces could be seen patrolling the area. Three light armored Humvees were parked adjacent to the stations. Wooden spike fences were used to barricade the area, turning it into a temporary safe zone for the passengers.

One of these soldiers who looked to be the leader of these armed forces was currently speaking to his subordinate.

"Are these the only survivors you find in this area?" The man who spoke was the leader of this armed forces, named Yuan Jun. He also held the identity of being Zhu Liwei's right hand man who was tasked to rescue survivors in the nearby cities.

"Yes, general. Amongst the survivors there are 3 in a critical condition, and 2 with light injuries. Those in critical condition are all men, while those who received light injuries consist of one woman and a child."

"A child, huh? How old is that child?"

"He's eight years old, general."

Yuan Jun nodded in understanding. The reason why he asked the child's age was to determine whether they're worth sacrificing for or not. Usually, those lower than five years old were abandoned as they haven't gotten the capability to think for themselves. Not only that, children lower than five years old tend to cry at the simplest thing, and such noise could attract zombies into attacking them.

Yuan Jun asked such a question not because his intention was to kill the child, but if such need arises and the mother of that child was unwilling to abandon their children, he will need to abandon them all together.

Sometimes, one needed to use their head to know when to be considerate, and when to be ruthless. After all, such heartless actions were what had made them survive every day— they had to do it no matter how much it left a bitter taste in their mouth.

"Hey general! Is this going to take longer?" A man popped his head out of the windows of the Humvee. 

He was the young master of Bi family, Bi Lei. The Bi family was an upstart family in e-commerce. The head of the family, Bi Zheng, was Bi Lei's brother and was a genius in his own field. Within just a few years, he had sold off thousands of millions worth of data and information to foreign companies, causing his net worth to skyrocket in just a few months. Unlike his brother who was taciturn and strict, Bi Lei was unruly and arrogant. He was an unlikeable person, one that easily offended others when he opened his mouth. Despite this, he unexpectedly received lightning abilities at the beginning of the apocalypse, causing him to become one of the highly coveted ability users.

To be honest, it was not so strange that he became the second male lead of this world.

Though his personality was similar to trash, it also provided him a chance for the female lead to change him into a better person through her love.

Moreover, his appearance was handsome in its own right, not losing to Zhu Liwei's appearance. While Zhu Liwei carried dangerous, yet amorous feelings, Bi Lei carried a wild and looming suffocation. One that provided the female lead with a challenge to obtain his feelings.

In the original plot, Bi Lei served as a spare tire for Chen Ling to further deepen her love with Zhu Liwei. Every time she had a fight with Zhu Liwei, Bi Lei was the first person that Chen Ling went to. Unlike Qi Cheng (From Arc 2) who died young from drugs, Bi Lei had a better ending even though he couldn't obtain the female lead. He died at old age without anyone by his side, unable to forget his love for the female lead. He was grateful that he could protect Chen Ling until his last breath.

"Can't we just leave those people behind? They'll probably just serve as baggage for us." Bi Lei said with a disgusted voice, "Well, are you planning to use those useless things as human shields against the zombies? If so, I will totally support that idea."