1.8| The Apathetic Young Master Li

Happy New Year, Everyone!!! 🎆🎈 Let's welcome 2020 with a happy soul and leave our regrets behind!

I'm sorry I couldn't post an extra chapter for this celebration because exams and projects for January are pilling up and I haven't done anything!

Anyways, enjoy the chapter and I wish you a very happy new year!

+++

On the highest floor of the Li Enterprise, in the marketing department across Li Mu's private office. A crowd of female employees were currently huddled together in one corner of the coffee area, gossiping in great interest while they're having a short coffee break. They're so engrossed in the topic of their conversation that they didn't notice a grey kitten slipped into the room silently.

"Did you see what happened this morning?" A female employee spoke up.

"I heard from the group chat that our boss brought his pet to work this morning?"

"Is it true though?" Another woman spoke up, surprise was evident in her tone, "I really can't imagine that robot owning any animal as a pet."

"Well I heard it's a grey cat." Another chimed in.

"A cat???" Her colleagues shouted in an exaggerated manner. "How is that possible?"

"Well, I thought he's more of a dog person."

"Yes! I thought so too!"

The room got livelier as more and more topics were thrown into the conversation. Their boisterous laugh and their raucous discussion spread throughout the small coffee area. The women even forgot to drink the coffee in their hands, making it went cold as it seemed to serve as nothing but a decoration.

"Meow."

The atmosphere immediately stilled. The female employees who were previously still immersed in the topic of their conversation went silent.

"Hey... please don't tell me I'm the one who heard that." One of the female employees quiveringly spoke up, her face flushed in an excited behavior.

But no one seemed to answer her as her colleagues got their interest taken by something behind her. Their eyes sparkled and a blooming smile adorned each of their faces. She turned her head around and saw a beautifully groomed grey kitten sitting on the floor with its head tilted to the side, instantly catching the hearts of the women inside the room.

The tense atmosphere soon melted as the women gushed in a series of 'aww's and 'its so cute'. They scurried over to surround the little kitten, their hands reaching out to touch it.

"Please tell me that that cat is not the President's, 'cause I want to bring it home."

"Can I touch it? Please let me touch it."

"Look at those beautiful pair of blue eyes. It's so mesmerizing."

"I wanna kidnap him!" Another crazy female employee enthused.

When it noticed a lot of pairs of eyes watching itself with great interest, it smiled at them, revealing its pair of incisors and canine teeth, as it mewed softly.

"Meow~"

"Aawwww"

Another series of extreme fangirling happened in the small coffee room.

~

The previous four times that Bai Ning visited the Li Enterprise, she was always stopped at the lobby. She would always waited for hours and hours just to meet the love of her life, only to be sent back home. Today is the fifth time Bai Ning visited at the Li Enterprise, and yet this is her first time being allowed to meet her Li Mu gege.

She was currently standing at the back of the elevator, with an aged secretary standing in front of her, pressing the button on the 30th floor— the highest floor of the Li Enterprise. Her heart thumped in anticipation, and her expression couldn't hide the blossoming smile on her face. On her left hand, she carried a box of doughnuts that her gege loved. She couldn't wait to give it to him.

Her eyes darted to the man in front of her with curiosity. She had heard from Duan Ping that the secretary mole that the woman planted for five years had already been fired by her son a week ago. So, who's exactly the secretary in front of her?

I didn't know that Li Mu gege's actions in finding a secretary was this fast. But wasn't this man too old for the position?

Bai Ning assumed that Li Mu lowered the position's requirements to quickly employ whichever person is available. A hint of ridicule appeared in her eyes, scrutinizing the old man in front of her.

What Bai Ning didn't know is that the secretary in front of her was actually the previous CEO's secretary, meaning it was Lin Tao's ex-secretary. And as a figure that brought his business from nothing to something, his secretary obviously wasn't normal either.

Li Mu originally didn't want to bother his father's ex-secretary with this position anymore, since the old man was 10 years older than him and fourteen years younger than his dad, who is already 65 years old. The old man needed to rest on his bed rather than sitting in a company and doing desk work. But Li Mu simply couldn't find a new secretary in just a week. He wanted his secretary to be the best of the best and doesn't just accept anyone. Afterall, though the secretary position wasn't looked upon very well in public masses, for Li Mu, a secretary was someone who knew the company's hidden secrets and help the president to achieve his goal. The secretary should be loyal to him, but also couldn't be too honest. To negotiate with other company presidents, he needed to have the right amount of cunningness to bring more benefit for his company. And it was this trait that was hard to find in people nowadays.

The elevator dings and the door opened as it reached the highest floor. Mo De, the 51 years old secretary stepped out of the elevator first as he leads the way with Bai Ning following behind him. He leads her to a long corridor, passing through the marketing department along the way.

An excited scream immediately caught Bai Ning's attention, making her stop in her tracks and look over.

A group of female employees were circling their female colleague who was carrying something in her arms. Their loud chatter and their gushing were particularly loud in the silent office. Several male employees who were sitting on their desk couldn't help but shook their head in helplessness. Bai Ning tried to peek over from afar, curious as to what caught their attention.

From the gap, she could see... a cat, no, a kitten?

A young kitten, possibly a month old, was carried on the arms of a female employee. The female employee's right hand was spread under the little one's chest while the other hand slid underneath to support its body weight. The kitten's tail was hanging down on the side, swishing back and forth. She could hear a small meow from it.

Oh, it's just a kitten.

Losing her interest, she was about to look away and went back to her business until her eyes accidentally met with a pair of familiar blue eyes. Her pupils widened in surprise as fear and disbelief overtook her.

What the hell! Why is that kitten here?! I watched it die a week ago!

+++

Here's your weekly dose of kitten gifs,

See you next week!