3.7| The Timid Princess Xing Ruo

Knowing that his guest had arrived, Fu Lin returned to his table. However, halfway there, he was halted by a guard and was directed to a private chamber on the third floor.

Upon entering the private chamber, Fu Lin immediately saw the two male servants that were seated at the side of the room.

One of them rose up instantly to greet him.

"Greetings, Unit Commander, Fu Lin. Please take a seat first. My master was currently using the loo, and it will take a while for him to return."

"Understood."

Fu Lin did not bother by the lack of courtesy presented by the servant or the wrong title that he was given. After all, not a lot of people knew about his real identity. In fact, if they knew his real identity and called him 'Your Highness', Fu Lin might have to consider killing them on the spot.

Fu Lin took a seat and waited in silence.

Several minutes later, a young lady walked in with a few tall male servants in tow.

Her upper face was obscured underneath a metal mask, only revealing a pair of cold and bottomless eyes. Her height, which was merely 4 feet and 9 inches, made Fu Lin recall Xing Ruo's similar height, and his suspicion grew.

However, his suspicions were forced to be halted as a feminime yet hoarse voice rang out.

"Pardon my tardiness for being late."

Fu Lin immediately realised. She was not a young lady, but a young man that simply hasn't gone through his first puberty yet.

Similar aura yet two completely different people... Fu Lin mused in his heart.

The young man wore a simple grey Hanfu with white inner robes. Just looking at the robes he was wearing, although not luxurious, they were all exceptionally expensive, particularly the jade pendant that was hanging on the robe's waistband.

The youth's presence was so oppressive that the moment he entered, the entire room instantly went silent.

"You are..?"

Fu Lin's steady voice broke the silence.

The youth did not speak. His right-hand man beside him spoke up right away to give an introduction, as if used to his master's behavior.

"This person is Xian-wang, the First Prince of Xing Country, also named Xing Hui. The letter you received came from his highness himself. Due to this, his highness had decided to be responsible for this time's discussion."

First Prince?

Fu Lin was bewildered in his heart. He got no memory whatsoever about this character in his mind. He dug through the memory given by the system before finally finding the answer.

The First Prince, in fact, was also born from the late Empress. The late Empress birthed twins during that time, one was a boy and the other a girl. The baby girl was obviously his target mission, Princess Xing Ruo, so that meant that the baby boy was Prince Xing Hui. However, he tossed the information to the back of his mind right after he entered this world because the information he was given clearly stated that the First Prince died after he was five years old!

So why the hell is the person alive right in front of him?!

Also, since he's alive... how can I do my mission?!?!

System, system! You better answer me!

Ding! [He is indeed the First Prince, Xing Hai.] The system confirmed instantly.