4.5| The Vicious Zombie King Chen Hua

The sun was glaring down onto KunLun city, the air barely stirred by the wind. It was the hottest day of the summer so far, and there was not a cloud as far as the eye could see.

A car could be seen advancing through the congested roads. Zhi An was sitting behind the steering wheel and Chen Hua beside him on the passenger seat.

The air inside the car was in an awkward atmosphere, and neither men were willing to start the conversation.

Silence ensued, until the youth spoke up.

"Just why are you following me?" Zhi An slightly glance at the man beside him. "As far as I know you can't even fight against a single zombie, so to be honest there's no benefit for me to bring you along."

Zhi An was the one who dealt with most of the zombies that they met along the way when they were leaving the inn. He had to not only kill the zombies, but also protect the man behind him. Although he knew it was Chen Hua's own way of concealing his abilities as a zombie king, it irritated him so much that he had to serve as a shield.

It's even stranger that he would willingly follow me...

Zhi An couldn't believe that the zombie king would willingly follow him without even waiting for his offer. Of course, even if the zombie king didn't want to follow him, Zhi An would do anything to bring him along through whatever means. His life was always tied to the mission target after all.

He had already planned to resort to such extreme measures (kidnapping him forcefully, making him unconscious, drugging him, etc). However when it was so easy for the zombie king to follow him, it made him wary whether the man himself would suddenly kill him without his knowledge.

It's nice that I don't have to resort to such a crude way though... Zhu An chuckled.

But Chen Hua's expression turned out to be awful.

"I'm not that useless." He stated.

"Not useless? Bringing you along will instead burden me, y'know," the youth continued, "I don't have enough resources to feed another mouth."

"I can kill zombies if I have a gun." Chen Hua quietly whispered, mentioning about his skills back when he was still a human.

"Yes... but we don't have a gun. Or any firearms at the moment."

"I'll promise that you won't regret your choice in bringing me along." Chen Hua nodded, before continuing, "Don't worry. I won't kill you in the future."

Zhi An choked. Whoa... aren't you too honest for your own good? Also why do you sound as if I should be thankful for that?!

"Do you even know where I'm going?" Zhi An tossed another question. He was sure that the moment he gave his answer, the zombie king would definitely bolt out of the car.

"No. I don't really care, I'll just follow you."

Zhi An stared at the man before him with a perplexed expression. Doesn't he sounds too indifferent? Is that the reason why he was betrayed by his friends?

The youth sighed, "ChengDu city. That's where I'm going."

At the mention of ChengDu city, Chen Hua froze. A dark current swirled inside his eyes. He knew that ChengDu city was where his enemies currently reside. He couldn't believe that he would meet them so soon.

Chen Hua hesitated before answering, "That won't change my choice."

Oh really? Zhi An mused. I could see your eyes twitching....