4.13| The Vicious Zombie King Chen Hua

After Zhu Liwei confirmed that Zhi An was uninjured and everything was under control, he led his team to the next destination.

They had initially gone to the convenience store to investigate the tracks left by the High-ranked Zombie. They were told that it had injured 3 user abilities that were out on a scavenger hunt in that store five days ago.

But now that there were signs that the zombie had left a few days before, Zhu Liwei had to track it down. The group left with their vehicles in tow, and only stopped 10 minutes later when they arrived at their second destination.

When the group alighted the car for the second time, both Zhu Liwei and Chen Hua felt two presences observing them at the same time. The malicious gazes that pressured both of them caused them to pinpoint on the owners. With one glance, both of them found their location.

Two High-ranked Zombies, one who had the body of a middle-aged man and the other had the body of a highschool girl. Chen Hua knew that the High-ranked zombie brought a companion with him this time, whereas Zhu Liwei just thought that there had always been two High ranked Zombies. A curse escaped his lips at the thought that the information he received was false.

However, Zhu Liwei quickly brought his emotions under control. With tacit understanding, the two men didn't mention about the zombies' presence to their other teammates. One was to avoid alarming their enemies, the other was to lure them into their trap.

Zhu Liwei led the group into the building as if nothing happened.

The building they're visiting this time was a jewelry store (or what used to be), with broken windows and destroyed display cases. Several corpses laid bare on the ground, giving off a foul stench. Zombies surrounded those corpses, their mouths gorging down their intestines with relish. Zhu Liwei gave a silent order and the group quietly tidied up the place. After cleaning up, they noticed Zhu Liwei's grim expression and when he explained the situation, the group immediately spread out. Eight people exited the building from the back door, each hiding in a concealed place adjacent to the building. Chen Ling, Zhi An and Chen Hua were amongst those eight people. And five people prepared a lure trap, whereas the rest went to prepare an ambush.

In just several minutes, the whole area was quiet as if these groups of humans had never stepped inside in the first place. Only sounds of wind blowing could be heard. These people all held their breaths, waiting for the two zombies to come knocking on their door.

Within just 10 minutes, they had become aware of the movements near the door.

Earlier, they had placed several thick cabinets against the shattered glass windows to barricade the building. This was so if there was any movement, they would notice right away. They also purposefully leave gaps between the barricaded glass windows to lure in these zombies. Appearing dead silent, after another little while, two shadows came crawling in through gaps.

The window gaps were one of the locations Yu Xiang, the leader of Group D, was paying extra attention to. Waiting for one of the shadows to gradually approach his hiding place, Yu Xiang quickly stood up and instantly attacked the zombie's targeted limbs with his icicles. He had initially intended to sever it as to disable him, yet the zombie knew of his attacks, and it parried with its long claws.

Shriekkkk..!

A high pitched shrill came out when the icicles came into contact with the zombie's metallic claws, and sparks flew into the air. The middle-aged zombie realized that his friend was in danger, and quickly launched itself towards Yu Xiang.

The members of his team exposed themselves and went to help their leader. They brandished their weapons and casted their spells.

"Fireball!"