3.9| The Timid Princess Xing Ruo

Princess Xing Ruo watched the young man in front of her with calmness, yet if one looked closer, they could see the ripples in her eyes.

The Fu Lin in front of her, who was half-unconscious from the fever, seemed to show more of his childish innocence. The sharpness he showed as a commander was retracted, his pair of bright eyes twinkled under the light, like two lakes reflecting a full moon.

Xing Ruo had forgotten that Fu Lin was merely an 18 years old young man. She did not expect that the coldness and sharpness in his eyes when he was a commander, could one day be replaced with emotions of pure and full of innocence.

Fu Lin's frequent excellent performance that exceeded what people his age could do, had made her overlook this, causing her to treat him as a mature man that could do everything, while in fact he was only a year older than she was.

"I like you at first sight..."

The words the young man said to him a few minutes ago resonated in her ears. It almost made her lose control, but...

"Xing Ruo?" The young man uttered her name once again.

Xing Ruo knew better that it was nothing less but an empty talk.

Of course, there's a chance that he meant what he said. But those words were not meant for him, but for her.

Princess Xing Ruo.

And not Prince Xing Hui.

The young lady that has been silent all along finally raised her eyes to meet his. Her gaze tranquil without the slightest ripple.

"En. You should sleep. You're injured."

She was smiling, her cheeks were even blushing but Fu Lin noticed something was wrong with his target.

Why didn't the progress bar increase? Shouldn't she be happy after he confessed his feelings?

Fu Lin observed her expression longer but did not detect anything amiss.

Should I push further? This is my only chance to brush up some favorable feelings from her.

Fu Lin's initial plan was to get injured, and then he will recuperate in his target's house for several days before returning back to his country. However it seemed that his target was not as easy as the previous ones and it would take more than a few days for him to increase the progress bar.

Fu Lin showed a dejected look, his puppy eyes casted down in disappointment.

Xing Ruo, who felt bothered by his expression, stuttered out her feelings, her fingers clasping the hem of her dress.

"M-men and women shouldn't be in the same room before marriage. P-pardon me... I shall take my leave." Fu Lin watched as the young lady turned away.

Princess Xing Ruo was no longer caught up in her feelings. As she turned away, the shyness of a young lady was replaced by a cold chilling look, her lips thinned into a line. Since Fu Lin was now safe and within her reach so all she needed to do right now... was to deal with her subordinates who neglected the only job they were given.

She had only taken one step, when a strong grip enclasped around her waist and pulled her back...

Into a warm embrace.

Xing Ruo cried out in alarm.

She forgot that although she was a man in disguise as a woman, her strength as a man could not even truss a chicken after countless years of malnutrition. Not only that, due to malnutrition, her puberty was also very much late. Where men around her age had their bodies grown tall and strong, she was stuck in her teenage body.