1.75| Extra: The Apathetic Young Master Li

During these past few days, Li Mu has found himself experiencing a breathing difficulty at night when he's asleep.

This occurrence has never happened to him before, and as a son whose mother was disabled and father who will spend the rest of his days in hospital, he started to question whether he accidentally stimulated a dormant illness in his body. Afterall, illnesses can be transferred by genetics.

This sickness ranged from a few minutes to a few hours. His face would also feel heavy and he would find it hard to lift his head from his pillow. He tried asking his private doctor of these symptoms, but his doctor could only guess that the symptom of difficulty breathing was sleep apnea, while the heavy lifting of one's head as rhythmic movement disorder, but there's no specific record of the combination of the two symptoms. His private doctor gave him several medications and advised him to take more rest and take a few days off from working late.

However, after the days passed, and he tried all the solutions given, the symptoms grew worse and sometimes he even felt that he would suffocate to death in his sleep!

Li Mu became fearful of going to sleep, what if I couldn't wake up tomorrow morning?

Li Mu shared his concern with Butler Mo when Butler Mo accidentally stumbled across his young master's bedroom and the man was still awake when it was already 3 a.m.

Confusion appeared on Butler Mo's face because of his young master's question, that is, until his eyes landed on the kitten huddled on the pillow on the bed.

A thought appeared on his mind and he suggested, "Young master, maybe you can install cameras in your bedroom. Then you can find out what happened."

"But what does it have to do with me having difficulty breathing at night?" Li Mu frowned.

"Maybe someone prevented you from sleeping instead?" Butler Mo guessed randomly.

Li Mu's gaze darkened at the ridiculous thought of someone entering his bedroom to suffocate him to death every night, but still nodded his head nonetheless, "Okay, I'll do it by tomorrow."

~

Two days later, a handsome man in black shirt and loose pants were sitting in front of the lit computer. People would've thought that he was busy working if it's not because of the continuous clicking by his fingers on the fast-forward button. Impatience were clearly plastered across his face. The screen showed the surveillance footages of his bedroom at night at four different angles, not missing a single corner of the room. His gaze was glued to the screen as his focus intensified when the clock hits 00:00.

Li Mu watched himself getting into bed with the same routine. A small kitten jumped onto the bed with agility and positioned itself beside Li Mu's face. Its body curled into a ball as it went into deep slumber. Then the light turned off.

Li Mu turned on the night vision camera and it immediately showed the two figures sleeping on the bed peacefully. He fast-forwarded the video by fifteen minutes each time. But nothing happened even when the clock hits 3:30 a.m. Li Mu leaned his head on his hand on the side, his eyes turning bored and uninterested.

Nothing is happening— hm?

On the screen, the stilled figure of the small feline suddenly rose up from its position. Its small body walked over to Li Mu who was still sound asleep.

It jumped onto the man's body and walked over across his shoulder until its body was right above Li Mu's face then it unhesitatingly sprawled out over the entirety of his face. It slightly shifted its body until it was comfortable with its position and closed its eyes without a care in the world, not noticing that it blocked the airways of the human underneath it.

Minutes later, the man sleeping on the bed finally showed struggles of difficulty breathing as the hands placed on each side of his body clenched and unclenched themselves, seemingly still deep in slumber and was haunted by a nightmare.

Li Mu who was watching the hilarious scene, showed an incredulous expression, a look of wanting to laugh or to be angry for being fooled by his Baby.

The small bastard was the cause!

"Pft. Baby, what the heck..."

~

In the middle of the night, a pleasant laugh was heard from the study room. At the same time, a notification appeared on Zi Gang's mind.

Ding! [Progress bar: 40%. Continue to work hard.]

Zi Gang, who's currently taking a dump in the litter box: What is wrong with this world's male lead? I didn't even do anything to him!

+++

Your weekly dose of kitten gifs:

Enjoy your holidays!