3.2| The Timid Princess Xing Ruo

Hey, guys. I'm finally back after a month of hiatus. Thank you to all of you who are waiting patiently!

First of all, I want to let you know that I made slight changes to some terms: The Xing Country will be changed to Xing Dynasty, and the Fu Country will be Fu Empire from now on.

Second of all, in this arc, the chapter length will be twice the amount of the chapters from the previous arcs to make the story flow as seamless and coherent as possible.

I really hope that the long ass chapter won't make you feel bored as I know that some readers have shorter attention spans (but don't worry, I tried to make the chapter as fun and enjoyable as possible).

Anyway, that's all and enjoy the chapter~

+++

Zi Gang transmigrated before everything happened. He transmigrated to an 18 years old Fu Lin who still had everything in his grasp. But who would have thought that in one year, when he just reached adulthood, his whole family would be assassinated and he would be beheaded in front of the public's eyes.

[Ding! Due to the difficulty of the mission, there will be an exception made for this world. The host will be allowed to affect and make slight changes to the main protagonists lives. However, any actions that were deemed as harmful will be prohibited and if done, half of the host's soul will be extinguished.]

Oh.. that's good. Zi Gang was relieved and thankful that at least he could influence the main protagonists lives through his actions, although it wasn't much. He knew that a simple action one made could affect the main protagonists of the world and change the main plot entirely.

Alright, let's do this.

As if the young man had gotten enough rest, he finally came out of the tent. As Zi Gang's soul fused with Fu Lin's body, the innocence in his eyes was replaced with a calm and unbothered look.

The soldiers that passed by took a second look on their leader. They would have admired their Crown Prince for not backing down against the bloodshed of the war times if not for the fact that their situation had turned incredibly dire.

"Your highness! Those barbarian's reinforcements will arrive in a few hours! We can still evacuate! Our 8,000 army could not hold against their 15,000 man army." Wen Ju, his second in command officer, reported their enemies' movements in a flurry.

Their enemies this time were the Hans who lived in the Northern part of the continent. They viewed themselves for being barbarians usurpers and disdained the Southern dynasties who prided themselves on being the successors of the Chinese civilization. They still used spears and blades as weapons, martial arts were still ingrained into their body as part of their training routine, thus totally defeating Fu Empire's modernization military weapons which was heavily armed with firearms and mortars that could launch explosive shells.

Yet, the original Fu Lin still lost the war despite the advantage that he held.

At the start of the war, their informant had disclosed the fact that the Han's army was a mere 5,000. Fu Lin, after seeing the possibility of achieving a quick victory, left his main force at the nearby city and led 8,000 light cavalry to obliterate them overnight without notifying any of his subordinates.

But an unexpected reinforcement of 10,000 soldiers came for their enemies. Fu Lin realized late that it was a trap. Even if his soldiers were armed with machine guns or sniper rifles, without any battle experience or any formations that kept their ground solid, they were set to lose. After all, as the saying goes, an elephant might be able to stomp a single ant to death, however if millions of ants worked together, they can even strip the elephant to the bone in the matter of hours.