3.17| The Timid Princess Xing Ruo

Warning! Gore content ahead!

Fu Heng watched the massacre in front of him with a satisfied smile. Countless bodies were strewn about across the marble floor, their blood dyed the hall red.

Ahh.. marvelous! Everything went according to plan!

Soon.. the world shall be mine.!! Hahahaha!!!

He could hear the deafening screams from every victim in this room, all to make his blood boil in fervour. He could already imagine himself sitting high on the throne, ruling over the Fu Empire as his brother and his family crumbled into dust.

Then.. if things followed the trajectory, he can then swallow the Xing Dynasty!

There's one thing that Fu Heng hid from Shao Liang. His goal wasn't just to help lead Shao Liang's revolt to overthrow the Xing Dynasty and to obtain the Fu Empire. His plan went further than that.

As a greedy man, Fu Heng was not reconciled in just ruling over the Fu Empire. What he wanted was to rule over China, where every land and every seas that China has will be his! To make sure that every person hears his name and rejoices in his presence— to be revered and feared as their god. His name shall be written in the history records as a ruler that helped to usher China into a golden age of peace and prosperity!

But his dreams were cut short as a scream tore his eardrums.

"Kuakh..!" One of Shao Liang's subordinates was killed right in front of his eyes. A sword was lodged onto his neck and blood sputtered out.

His smile stiffened the moment his eyes set its gaze onto a lone man.

Prince Xing Hui.

Just like his nephew, Prince Xing Hui was also another person that he deemed dangerous. He knew of his unbelievable feats that he did in these short three months— sometimes it made him wonder if the young prince really was that adept in everything. In fact, before proposing a deal with Shao Liang, Fu Heng had intended to rope Prince Xing Hui in and make him the next Emperor of Xing Dynasty. But soon Fu Heng realised that the young man's nature was that of a beast. He could not be tamed, and even if he could, it didn't guarantee that the tamer wouldn't be hurt in the process. It might not just end with a scratch. Fu Heng knew that he could even lose his life.

Moreover, Fu Heng was looking for a candidate that was easy to control, that has little to no experience, and even naïve. That person was Shao Liang. He had blood ties with the current Emperor, he had done meritorious deeds as a general, and he was easy to manipulate.

Shao Liang was simply the perfect choice for Fu Heng.

But the scene in front of him made Fu Heng regret his choices. It made him wonder if he chose the wrong person to make a deal with.

Xing Hui continued to advance as he easily cut down his opponents like he would to cabbages. His opponents had great defense due to their armor, but Xing Hui easily found their weak spot, dancing past the swing of the heavy swordsmen and striking into the neck between the helmet and neck guard. Every of his movements were precise and fatal, slashing every enemy with little effort.

The dozens of swordsmen that filled up the hall easily dwindled in number, only eight or so were left.

Fu Heng realized that he should start the next step of the plan earlier than he thought. His hand made a sign and his subordinates took note of it, disappearing to inform their teammates.

"What happened?" Shao Liang who had escaped midway amidst the chaotic situation appeared beside him.

"Nothing much. Our plan just seemed to progress faster, and it's making me uneasy," Fu Heng said with a solemn expression, "How long until the palace guards arrived?"