2.1| The Immature Delinquent Qi Cheng

As if he has done the action countless times, Zi Gang opened his eyes to see the different view before him with an unchanging expression. He found himself sitting in front of a small desk in the corner of a large room. Across the desk were several medical instruments and several stacks of paper were placed on one side of the table. From the corner of the room, he could see 2 beds being placed on each side of the room with overhanging curtains.

One could already guess that this was a small infirmary.

A flood of information poured inside his head as the corner of his mouth raised slightly.

It's been a while since he had received the complete information of the world and its characters.

The building that he was in was one of the largest and prestigious universities in Country X, the Tang University. Many famous and affluent families sent their kids to attend this university to build connections before they dive into society.

However, none of these kids include our female lead of this world, Lian An.

Lian An grew up in the mountains since she was small. Her parents both died when she was still a baby, leaving her to be raised by her grandmother.
As a kid who grew up in the wild and dangerous environment, she was packed with survival skills that kept her alive till this day. While other kids around her age played with toys, she hunted animals for food and was particularly interested in collecting rare insects. Growing up to be fearless and bold, she wanted to venture the outside world, making the impossible possible.

Lian An left the mountains the next year after enough preparations and applied for Tang University which was located in the Capital City of Country X. Her brains are smart enough to enter the prestigious university without relying on money and connections.

She attended the classes everyday in a dull and repeated routine, watching and listening to her professors speaking. Just when she thought she would die of boredom from the continuous studying, the university announced that they're going to hold a two days one night trip to the mountains located on the other side of the continent, a foreign area for the 19 years old Lian An.

Her uncommon ability and survival skills went to light when she was surrounded by the similar forestry environment. During the trip, her shining eyes which brimmed with vitality and excitement was a stark contrast to her female classmates who were unmotivated and full of lethargy. Her ability to build a tent by herself despite her small stature, and the strong power she held within when she hauled out a net of fishes to cook for dinner, were all an attraction to the opposite sex.

This includes the male lead, the student body president Jin Jiang and the second male lead, a notorious delinquent of the university, Qi Cheng.

While Jin Jiang is kind and supportive to Lian An — easily catching her attention and heart, Qi Cheng was awkward in the matters of love, creating misunderstandings along the way.

Qi Cheng's reputation in the university was known to all. His brutality when he fights with gangsters and how he shows no mercy to his enemies made girls around him frightened out of their wits. The same goes for Lian An.

She easily believes the rumors, overlooking the gentle nature of the man behind his rough facade. Lian An perceived Qi Cheng as an ingrate brute who solves everything by power and blood, directly extinguishing any romantic feelings towards the man.

During that time, Qi Cheng was also experiencing financial problems after he was kicked out of his house by his strict parents due to constant complaints about his behavior from the university. Qi Cheng, although attracted to Lian An, simply had no time to pay her attention as his days were constantly filled with part-time jobs and looking for more ways to earn money.

Before he knew it, Lian An was already foolishly in love with Jin Jiang. He already stood no chance.

He drowned his sorrows by drinking and going to the clubs everyday. Drunk in stupor, he unfortunately chose to get into a fight with the leader of a dangerous gang and got killed with a bullet in his head. He died young at a tender age of 20.

Now where does Zi Gang's role come in?

The age of the body that Zi Gang was currently in was 28 years old, it has the identity as Su Yun, a handsome university doctor who often bandaged and tended to Qi Cheng's wounds after his fight. Though one might assume that the both of them share a close relationship, the reality wasn't that pleasant. Qi Cheng was grateful for all the things that Su Yun had done for him, however his feelings aren't well received by Su Yun.

As the new university doctor, Su Yun was quiet and conserved, not interested in anybody or anyone, just passing through his days cooped up in the small white room. He saw Qi Cheng as one of the many passersby in his life, not looking and not interested. Even when Su Yun heard about Qi Cheng getting kicked out by his family, he didn't reach out and offer his help but instead turned a deaf ear, acting as if he didn't know the notorious delinquent.

Only when Su Yun heard about Qi Cheng's death did he go mad. He, himself, didn't realize the concern he holds for a student. Qi Cheng wasn't just any passerby in his life. Although to others Qi Cheng would speak harshly and coldly, to Su Yun he would turn his tone gentler, afraid of scaring the other man away. Although the young man might have done so to avoid losing his walking first aid kit, Su Yun couldn't deny that a small part of his heart has accepted the man's presence that constantly went in and out of the clinic as if it's his own home.

A moment's decision turned into a lifetime regret.

As a side character, Su Yun didn't get to come across the female lead, Lian An or the male lead, Jin Jiang. He also did not die from their hands like a cannon-fodder should be, but instead he died of old age with the regret that continues to haunt him in the afterlife.

Simply the life of an extra.

The time when Zi Gang transmigrated was exactly a week after he started his new job as the university doctor, and 3 months away from the two days one night trip to the mountains where Lian An attracted the two male leads.

[Mission: Fulfill Su Yun's regret, protect and help Qi Cheng to live happily. Reward: 5,000 points]

The mission in bold appeared on the panel. Zi Gang smirked.

He should be arriving at any second...

It was currently 10 a.m in the morning and the vacant room only had Zi Gang inside it. The bright sunlight shone through the windows, warming up the seemingly cold room. Silence permeated across the room, the sound of the wall clock ticking seemed abnormally loud to one's ear, but Zi Gang continued reading the book he held in his hands, humming a tune every so often.

Just when he was about to fall asleep from waiting, the door to the infirmary slide opened, revealing a young man with a bruised body.

The deep and cold black eyes froze when met with Zi Gang's cool green eyes. Time seemed to have stagnated at the moment.

Ah.. he arrived.

Qi Cheng, the second male lead of this world.