4.18| The Vicious Zombie King Chen Hua

Back in Chengdu City, Top floor of Laboratory Building, Head Office.

The atmosphere inside the room was subtle and serious. The floor to ceiling windows were drawn closed, and only the image projector on the ceiling shone its light through the small transparent lens, showing a slide onto the screen. Ten men surrounded the long conference table, their gazes and attention taken by the male presenter who spoke at the front of the room. At the head of the table, a middle aged man who was none other than the Colonel sat quietly, watching the presentation with a bored expression.

His mind brought back the scene from 3 months ago when Zhu Liwei returned after hunting the high-ranked Zombie.

The moment he saw Zhu Liwei returned with an injured body and fatal wounds, he had thought that the man encountered something far more powerful than a high-ranked Zombie. Moreover, only 5 of his 28 team members returned along with him— such a casualty was enough to shake his heart in fear.

Fortunately, he was soon informed that they had successfully hunted down two high-ranking Zombies as well as one Zombie King. It was later revealed that after Chen Hua left Zhu Liwei's group, the Zombie King who had fled due to Chen Hua's presence returned to kill them. As a result, they had barely managed to kill him while sacrificing four people.

Although it was an arduous journey, for these people, it was worth it. It wasn't far-fetched to say that those who returned will be rich, while those who died will have their families taken care of for the rest of their lives.

Moreover, there's one more good thing.

His subordinates who were currently based in Shanghai city had informed him that strongest user ability— the only person who had achieved Rank 8, Bei Tian, had managed to kill a Zombie King by himself.

Everything is going as planned... The Colonel mused silently in his heart. It won't be long before we collect all 4 cores of Zombie Kings and regain the lives we had before the apocalypse happened.

Zhu Liwei obtained the first core six months before arriving in Chengdu. According to the man, he lost 90% of his comrades as well as his dearest brother. Zhu Liwei obtained the second core as well, but this time he was assisted by other user abilities rather than his own men. Their trip to Qingyang District was extremely fruitful. Lastly, the third core was obtained by Bei Tian a few weeks ago who was located in Shanghai City.

What they needed to find was the last Zombie King. As long as they could kill him, the dream to regain their old lives wouldn't be impossible.

The colonel's gaze narrowed as his fingers tapped against the table in anxiety.

"However, there's one thing you have to know, Colonel." Zhu Liwei's voice rang in his ears. The man who had returned from the hunt appeared different, as if he had encountered something abominable that had changed his life.

"That man named Chen Hua.... He's a Zombie King."

That shocking statement from Zhu Liwei had caused goosebumps and sweats to appear on his body.

The Colonel couldn't believe that he had been in such close contact with a bloodthirsty monster and even dared to engage in a small conversation with him!

Furthermore, for a Zombie King to be able to enter the Safe Zone without being detected... it wouldn't be surprising if Chengdu city was completely erased from the map. Fortunately, it didn't appear that the man held any grudges or was offended by their lack of service.

"How sure are you of this statement?" The Colonel remembered himself asking such a question.

"I'm 90% sure that he's a Zombie King." Zhu Liwei said with certainty. "There are countless witnesses out there who can vouch for my words."