2.8| The Immature Delinquent Qi Cheng

After leaving the class, Lian An, Hong Feng and Xiao Cui immediately went to the cafeteria to grab their lunch. The moment they entered the area, they were hit by the aroma of the food; the smell of stir fry vegetables and black bean chicken came wafting in. It was already 1 p.m. so the cafeteria was packed with students queueing on the counter, cacophonies of their loud chatter overwhelmed the area. Each table was a cosseted huddle of students raising their voice above the din, and for some of them, food was a secondary thing compared to the information exchanged in there. The students formed groups like alliances against their enemies and the gossips were traded like poker chips.

Lian An quickly stood in the queue across the back-wall with a ceramic plate in her hands. Hong Feng and Xiao Cui followed behind her.

When it's their turn, Hong Feng and Xiao Cui placed a small portion of food onto their plate. For those who grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth, these cafeteria food pale in comparison to the food they often eat at home. Their stomachs couldn't handle these types of greasy food.

Lian An, however, took a second look at the pile of delicious food in front of her. She hesitated for a second before she quietly placed more food onto her tray, the corner of her lips curved up to show her satisfaction.

"Let's go find a table." Hong Feng said.

However, soon they just realized that there weren't any empty tables left for them in the cafeteria except the round table on the corner of the room, but even that was occupied by a young male student.

"Let's just share a table with him." Lian An said to her two friends, "I'm sure he will be willing to share it with us, fellow students."

Hong Feng and Xiao Cui nodded in understanding, agreeing with her right away.

As they made their way over, Hong Feng overheard a mean gossip that came from one of the female students that sat on the rectangular table that they just passed by.

"Oh my god! Are they going to the table that belonged to who-I-thought?"

"It belonged to President Jin Jiang! That table was only reserved for him!"

"How preposterous of them to even think of sharing a table with him, especially that commoner student at the front!"

"They're so lucky to be able to sit with him!"

Jin Jiang? Is that the name of the young man from this morning? Hong Feng thought to herself.

Yet it was unknown whether Lian An simply turned a blind eye to them or simply couldn't hear their voices, she continued her steps before finally stopping in front of the said table.

The young male student's back was on her, his front facing the opened window. His black hair ruffled against the wind, a warm sunlight fell onto his body.

Tapping his shoulders, Lian An started, "Uhm, excuse me, student, is it okay if we—"

Lian An wanted to continue until the young man looked back on her. A familiar pair of eyes immediately met her green ones.

"Oh!" Lian An exclaimed in surprise, "It's you who helped me this morning!"

Jin Jiang widened his eyes in surprise at seeing the familiar female student again, and he chuckled at her statement, "Yes, hello, I can't believe we meet again. How can I help you?"

Lian An immediately turned awkward, her face blushed as she turned embarrassed at asking for another favor from her benefactor, "Well, erm.."

Lian An found herself having difficulty in expressing her thoughts, causing the situation to turn embarrassingly awkward. Hong Feng who saw it from the sidelines finally sighed, deciding to take matters into her hand.

"President Jin Jiang, we were wondering if you would share your table with us," Hong Feng cut Lian An's voice, her voice sharp yet elegant unlike Lian An's soft one, "As you can see, there wasn't any table left in the cafeteria, and since we know each other, I thought it would be best if we can eat together."

Lian An secretly sent a grateful look to Hong Feng for rescuing her not knowing that her friend was internally repulsed with her shy look. Hong Feng rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Why, yes, of course," Jin Jiang smiled. "I'm also done with my meal, so you can use the table. I won't be bothering you girls."

Disappointment quickly flashed across Lian An's face but she quickly hid it as she expressed her gratitude. Jin Jiang caught her emotions and unconsciously smiled a meaningful smile, his deep eyes gave Lian An another glance before he stood up from his seat and left the cafeteria calmly.

~

Jin Jiang entered the student council room with a smile on his face, alerting the two students inside of his presence.

One of them, a senior female student, looked up at him with a curious pair of eyes. She closed the documents that she was signing, her attention was caught by the smiling young man, "What made you smile so happily, oh dear president?"

"Just something exciting happened." Jin Jiang smiled as he went to his desk, sitting on his black swivel chair.

"What is it? Tell me, tell me!" The mischievous voice came from the young man who was sitting across the female student. "President, if you're happy, then you should share the good news with us too. Don't keep the laughs to yourself, oh."

Jin Jiang gave the young man an eye, his eyes curving as he said, "...I just found myself a cute bunny."

"A bunny? Did you get a pet?" The young male asked, confusion on his face.

"En. A pet is a nice word." Jin Jiang's smile deepened for a second before it completely disappeared, his gaze directed at them, "Oh, by the way, are you both not having your lunch?"

"Ah shit!!!! I forgot! Again!" The young man stood up in alarm, knocking the chair back behind him. "Senior, let's go have lunch or the food's gonna run out in the cafeteria!!!"

The young man immediately pulled his senior by the arm without a second later, hauling her out of the Student Council room and closing the door with a bang.

The room was once again drowned in silence, only Jin Jiang's presence refreshed the bleak room that was filled with piles of documents.

Jin Jiang turned the swivel chair around towards the window behind him as he pulled out his personal phone. He dialed a number from his memory, and placed the phone near his ear.

"Young Master Jin Jiang! How have you been?" A raucous wild laughter came from the other side. "You need my help with somethin'?"

"Yes." Jin Jiang darkly smiled, "It's about the wild dog that has been obstructing my plans. I heard he beat up one of your guys yesterday?"

As Jin Jiang spoke, his tone was no longer gentle and playful, and instead it was sharp, as if it concealed a dangerous beast.

"Why, yes. We've been having troubles since this is not the first time that it happened. Especially if the wild dog is your friend..., isn't he?"

"My friend? You must be joking." Jin Jiang chuckled, his eyes narrowing dangerously, "Deal with him today."

"Today?" The person on the other line was caught by surprise, "Today, we can't, young master. We have somethin' to deal with and—"

"I. Said. Today."

The other line realized that he couldn't go against this person's wishes, so he could only acquiesced. "Yes, yes, today, of course."

"Do it after school time." And with that, Jin Jiang hung up his phone.