4.7| The Vicious Zombie King Chen Hua

"KYAAA!!"

"A ZOMBIE!! RUN!!!"

The scream immediately brought chaos into the group. People were screaming and running; the crowd coalescing into one and then separating into flickering moments of confusion and fear. Those who were weak were pushed down onto the ground, while those who were strong trampled over their bodies.

At the end of the group, a silhouette of a human could be seen. No, it could no longer be identified as a human.

It's now a zombie. With a strange looking gait, and faltering steps, the zombie advanced slowly. It apparently used to be a female student since a tattered filthy school uniform was loosely hanging over its rotting flesh.

There's only one zombie, but it's as if the situation was far more than salvageable.

We should quickly calm down the crowds...! Yuan Jun felt that the situation had turned instantly dire. Countless people passed by him to escape, but he knew it was useless. It wouldn't be long before tens to hundreds of zombies arrived in the area after being attracted to their noise.

Before we can attract the zombies' attention, we should quickly kill the zombie... as soundlessly as possible. Yuan Jun picked up his rifle, ready to shoot the zombie.

Just as he was about to do so, from his peripheral vision, he witnessed a scene that made his face go pale instantly.

A civilian, to be exact the man who was bickering with Bi Lei a few moments ago, stole a gun from a soldier nearby, and..

BANG!

That fucking dumbass!! He should've used the silencer..!!! Yuan Juan gritted his teeth in annoyance. He couldn't believe that his men made such a low level mistake by allowing a civilian to steal their gun. Moreover, for them to helplessly watch as the bullet was fired....

What's the use of all the training if this is all that they amount to?! Fucking useless bastards! Do I have to do everything by myself?!

It might've been better if the shot itself succeeded in killing the zombie, but it instead agitated it. The zombie sprang up to its feet, and with a burst of energy, it lunged towards the man. It's black claws extended and the next second, the man's head was completely severed from his neck. Blood spurted out like a jet, and the head fell towards the bloodstained ground with a small thud. It rolled a few metres away before stopping in front of a kneeling woman.

The woman watched as the man's dead pair of eyes gaze back at her, and her muffled scream rang through,  "KYAAAA...!!!!"

A nearby soldier who wanted to shoot the zombie and help the woman was instead pushed towards it by an escaping civilian. The zombie accepted the incoming prey as its hands extended to cage the soldier, and with a large mouth it chomped down on the man's neck.

CHOMP!

Blood spurted out from the wound, and the zombie's pair of eyes reddened in hunger. As if losing its interest in the dead victim. The zombie threw it away, its eyes roaming across the running humans, looking for a new prey to hunt.

As time passed by, the zombies multiplied. The dead victims that were once human were now staggering to their feet, their bodies twisted at an inhuman angle. Their eyes were void of any emotions, and only hunger remained. Small incomprehensible sounds came out of their lips.

Yuan Jun felt a headache surfacing in his mind. He'd told the civilians a million times that the sounds they made were what drew these zombies in. He had advised them one thing not to do: to make loud voices. Yet, that's exactly what they did.