1.1| The Apathetic Young Master Li

[Mission Alert! Mission Alert!]

A loud ringing voice sounded inside Zi Gang's mind.

His eyelids fluttered open in response, revealing a pair of charming blue eyes hidden underneath. A confused yet indifferent look appeared in his eyes as he scanned his unfamiliar surroundings.

He was currently laying down on one side of his body on the cold stone ground. He could see from afar the continuous figures of people passing by in quick motions, creating a huge contrast when compared to the dark and silent alleyway that he's in, as if dividing the two worlds apart. The harsh pitter-patter of rain droplets hitting the ground produced a very bleak and depressing atmosphere.

The last scene that Zi Gang saw was the terrified face of his lover from the previous world as he saw a bullet pierced through Zi Gang's heart before darkness took over him.

The young man reached out his hand to him but unable to catch his hand in time.

Zi Gang sighed mournfully. He knew that their love story couldn't get any further than a bad ending.

Yet, it still hurts.

It was his first time experiencing love, but it wasn't his first time travelling between worlds and completing missions. He couldn't stay in the world once he finished his mission, so having an attachment with one of the characters is not recommended— don't even mention about having a relationship with them.

But love is love, how can you stop the feelings from blossoming?

The previous world that Zi Gang is in, is the 100th world that he transmigrated to. Ever since he died a thousand years ago, he has been bound by the system to do tasks from minor ones to major ones. He couldn't even remember what his original world look like, nor could he remember his own appearance. A thousand years of world-hopping required him to use different kinds of appearance from ugly fat uncles to soft and cute creatures,

Like now, for example.

"Meow." Zi Gang mewed in pain.

Zi Gang who was now a grey furry kitten of 1 month old was laying on the stone ground. His body was covered with numerous big and small wounds. A big laceration was seen on his abdomen as pools of blood continue to pour out, dyeing the ground a patch of red.

The original soul probably died from too much blood loss.

"System, give me a healing pill, and also, send me the task mission."

The system vibrated in response. Automatically, a healing pill was transferred into Zi Gang's small mouth. The effect was immediate as he could feel his wounds closing up and his energy revitalized.

A ding sounded in his mind. [Mission: Get the Male Lead to have Emotions. Reward: 5,000 points]

Ding! [Task Background: The male lead of the world, Li Mu, was the young master of the Li Family. His father, Li Tao and his mother, Duan Ping was together because of an arranged marriage by the Li Elders, but they never had feelings for each other— their relationship was lukewarm and cold. They have Li Mu only to fulfill the obligation to produce an heir for the Li Family, so they never really cared for their son.

Their cold treatment allowed the family attendants to neglect their position and mistreated their young master. Followed by that, whispers and new gossip continuously enter and go from the Li Mansion.

Li Mu tried to catch his parents' attention by excelling in his school but even until he passed adulthood, they never gave a response except a cold shoulder. Li Mu grew numb to expectation and feelings and started to cage and lock his emotions deep within his heart.

The inexperienced young man has now grown into a 41 years old adult, and has ruled over the business world, but his feelings grew stagnant over the years, turning him more into an emotionless robot. He has never felt love and never felt kindness.

Your mission is to let Li Mu to experience love and kindness. Let him experience emotions that he never had before.]