3.15| The Timid Princess Xing Ruo

Hi guys, I'm back only to update the rest of Arc 3! I realized that it's unfair to go on a hiatus for months and leave the arc hanging without any closure.

So here it is! I will be updating 4 chapters consecutively this one week to end Arc 3!! These chapters will also be edited by our lovely and talented editor, UltiDeduction.

Enjoy the chapter!!

+++

Next morning, in Huanghe Residence.

Two men could be seen entangled under the sheets as the sunlight sprinkled into the room through the window glass. Their robes were neatly hanged on the nightstand on the corner of the room. Both men still had their undergarments on, preventing them from having any skin to skin contact.

Barely awake, Fu Lin burrowed his head deeper into the crook of the other man's neck, smelling the clean scent of his own lover. He rubbed the remainders of sleep from his eyes and gazed at the sleeping figure in his arms. His mind brought back the conversation they had last night. He had thought that they would immediately make love upon establishing their relationship as that was what had happened in his previous three lifetimes. Yet Xing Hui's response had shocked him this time.

"Why don't you want to do it with me?" Fu Lin had asked. He knew how much his lover loved him, was possessive of him, so he was sure that Xing Hui would jump at the chance for some physical intimacy.

But Xing Hui only showed a gentle smile, his eyes bent, "Why are you so impatient, hm? We have all the time in the world. Moreover, I want to treat you right. It's my first, and hopefully my only relationship. I want to take things slow— for us to get to know from each other, to build trust and faith in one another. So for me, sex is not my priority right now, you are. So let's do it after our marriage. How about that?"

Although Fu Lin was stumped at Xing Hui's words, his lips crooked into a teasing smile, "Are you sure it's not because of our culture?"

They were currently in the period of ancient china after all. Most people were still very much conservative about the matters of sex, but that didn't mean that there were no sex before marriages. The brothels existed for a reason— all targeted towards men who were aiming to experience a night of pleasure with beautiful ladies.

"Of course, I can't completely say that the culture didn't influence me. I was brought up in this country since I was a child after all. But what completely matters to me right now, is to pamper you, to give you everything, and to love you with every fiber of my being," The man who was only one year younger than Fu Lin, looked at his lover with sincerity and maturity, tenderness overflowing, "Is that alright? Will you give me the chance to love you, Lin-er?"

Fu Lin smiled, his eyes bent into a crescent, "Of course!"

Xing Hui chuckled, "Then, please take care of me from now on, my love." He kissed his lover on the forehead.

Similarly, Fu Lin laughed, circling his arms around Xing Hui's neck pulling him closer, "Of course, I will. Then, please take care of me too, Hui-er."

For every lifetime that Fu Lin spent longer with his lover, he always discovered new surprises. His lover may not be perfect; he is possessive, he is clingy, he easily gets jealous, and he constantly needs Fu Lin's reassurance that he still loves him. And Fu Lin understood that a lot of people were not patient enough to deal with his constant jealousy, some might even abandon him because of that. But if you can look past his flaws, he's definitely a perfect partner. He gives you respect, he's willing to have an open and honest communication when things go wrong, he never strays, and only his love and attention is for you. There are a lot of notable characteristics that Xing Hui, or rather Wei Yan, has and Fu Lin could go on and on to talk about it.