4.4| The Vicious Zombie King Chen Hua

In ChengDu city, 200 kilometers away from KunLun city.

"Oh my god! Who are those people?" A young lady's voice rang out amongst the crowds who swarmed the streets.

"Don't you know who that is? You're missing out a lot if you didn't know Zhu Liwei, the special forces leader who had annihilated thousands of zombies and rescued people along the way."

"He's that famous?" The young lady looked at the man leading in front of the group.

"Of course!"

The group of military men could be seen entering the gate with a high profile, charisma exuding from every pore of their body. Every step they took carried an indomitable air along with them.

Leading this group was a handsome man wearing a black military suit, a revolver hanging in the holster on his waist. He stood tall with a height of 1.85 meter. The years of military training kept his body well-built and solid, tempting onlookers even through the patches of scars and marks. A pair of phoenix-shaped eyes housed a cold and sharp, yet profound, look. His bearing was noble and poised, like a sharp blade that had been unsheathed. One look was enough to make any onlooker lower their head, afraid to directly meet his eyes. But instead of diminishing his charm, it instead enhanced his figure— some women even swooned just by his receiving gaze alone.

On the other hand, the tall woman standing a step behind him ducked away from everyone's gaze. With delicately arched eyebrows, and clear eyes that came into view, she was bashfully beautiful.

"Chen Ling, are you okay?" The handsome man halted his movement, and bent down to whisper in the woman's ears. His cold tone was suffused with warmth and concern.

Chen Ling, the woman in question, lowered her head even lower, the tips of her ears red, "N-no.. I'm just embarrassed that a lot of people are watching us."

A cold glint flashed over the man's eyes, his voice full of killing intent, "Do you want me to kill them all for you? Just say the command, and I'll do it for you."

Chen Ling's face immediately paled, "N-no, don't do that, Liwei..!"

Zhu Liwei, the male lead in this world, made a disappointed expression, "...do you still hate me for killing your brother? Are you scared of me?"

"That's...." Chen Ling, who was the female lead of this world, bit her lips. Her mind brought back the scene from a few days ago where her brother was pushed out of the caravan he was in. Guilt filled up every crevice of her mind.

"Don't think about that bastard. He did not deserve your sympathy." Zhu Liwei made a revolted expression, "Don't you think he's disgusting for coveting his own sister?"

You wouldn't have thought that way if you found out that we're in fact not related by blood.

Chen Ling stayed silent. Tears brimming on her eyes. Somehow now that her lover mentioned about her brother, it somehow poked a sensitive part of her heart.

"D-don't... hic speak about him... hic that way.."

The man who noticed this immediately went into a panic, "W-wait! Don't cry! I'm sorry! Don't cry please."

"I won't mention him again, so don't cry, please..."

Unexpectedly, the more comforting he was, the harder Chen Ling cried. She made no sound, but cried silently. Hot tears wet his fingers, as if hitting his heart directly.

Am I wrong for loving the person who killed my own brother? Chen Ling cried further as the man she loved spoke to her with a comforting tone.