Chapter 6- Truth

Deku's POV
-----------------
I thought carefully. Is there any way around it? No, I don't think so. I need to tell him the truth. I can't lie, and even if I could, he deserves the truth after he did all of that without even knowing what was going on. I can leave out some parts, but I'll tell him at least some of the truth. I just don't know where to start.

Bakugo's POV
----------------------
He sits quietly for a long time. I can tell gears are turning in his head. This is taking forever. I'm getting a little impatient.

"Kacchan, I'm sorry. I don't know where to start." He says, genuinely.

"Okay. How about you start with, what are you?" I say. There are so many questions, but I feel like many of them could be answered with this one. He thought for a second longer before answering.

"I don't know." He answered. I wait for the nerd to explain further. "Remember that park we used to play in a long time ago?" He asks. That's fucking random.

"Yeah?" I say in confusion. What does that have to do with anything?

"I don't remember how long ago it was now, but mom said when I was in the park with her, I disappeared and I didn't come back for months. It was just us two, so she asked everyone in the park if they had seen me. No one had so she went to the police and a few hero agencies. No one could find me, and I was assumed dead." I can tell I had a shocked expression on my face. I'm sure we were friends then, but I don't remember anything about him going missing.

I open my mouth to ask, but close it shortly after. I'll ask when he's done talking. He starts again. "Then, one day I came back and I was completely fine. Well sort of. I had fangs, and I was a little stronger, but besides that, I was unharmed." He continues. "The weird thing is, only me and mom remember the event of my disappearance. I think she told your mom about it too. She said you looked for me." He smiles slightly. "She went in to tell the police that I came back, but they had no knowledge of me leaving. The record they filed of it was gone too, without a trace." This is crazy. How do I not remember this? I try to think of looking for Deku, but my mind's drawing a blank.

"So what happened then? Where did you go?" I ask.

"Funny thing is, I have no idea. I don't remember it at all either." He answered. This is ridiculous.

"You don't know anything?" He shakes his head no. Damn.

"I guess I can tell you how I changed?" He asks, clearly feeling bad for not having any useful information. I nod I honestly feel bad for him not knowing what's going on. I would be mad as hell. "So I have fangs. I can activate a strength boost all over my body, and I can concentrate it to a specific part. Like my legs for example, to kick harder or run faster." That's why he was so strong earlier. He looks hesitant. "And, I can erase memories." He peers up at me, probably trying to read my expression. I am definitely a little surprised. I mean, this is so weird. It's like he has multiple quirks or something. That's the only way I know how to put it. Strength and mind tampering. But that doesn't explain the fangs. Fangs aren't a quirk.

"So what happened today?" I ask. I'm confused now. He has been like this since we were, what, five? So what happened? What was wrong with him today?

Deku's POV
-----------------
This is the question I was worried about. I knew it was coming, but still. I don't want to have to explain my bloodlust, or blood crazy state. I'm glad he didn't question me about the memories. "Well," I pause trying to think of the right way to word it. "I got fangs right? And, I uh.. also have this... hunger?" I try to make it sound less weird than it is.

"Hunger?" He asks. He looks worried. His brows tilted up, as he encouraged me to continue. He is being so calm and understanding. I really didn't expect this from him.