Chapter 75- Off We Go!

Bakugo's POV
--------------------
I finally feel well rested now that we took that nap, so I'm finding it hard to fall asleep again. Deku, on the other hand, seems perfectly content drifting back off into the realm of the unconscious.

...that is, until he is disturbed but a low grumble coming from my stomach, which he was still using as a pillow.

He giggles after the second growl, unable to ignore them.

"Are you hungry, Kacchan?" He lifts his swaying head to smile at me, his tone of voice dipping into something that sounded almost like mockery.

"Nah, I'm fine." I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

Another grumble gives me away.

"Kacchan, have you eaten today?" He inquires, a little more seriously.

"Not yet. But it's fine, just go back to sleep."

"Kacchan!" Here we go, "y-you haven't eaten? You can't just go a whole day without eating." He pouts, clearly upset.

"Deku, I can't eat right now. I don't mind."

"What do you mean you can't right now?" He squints his eyes, maybe trying to appear threatening.

This is what I wanted to avoid. Stupid stomach.

"Because, Deku. I can't exactly leave to go downstairs and make food now, can I?" His eyes return to normal, then shift down to my chest when he begins to draw the conclusion I was afraid of him making.

"Oh." Suddenly devoid of all playful energy, his voice is dry, and displeased. Not heartbroken, but definitely sad.

"It really doesn't bother me." Its only been a few hours, its not like I'm gonna die. I don't want him to make a big deal out of this.

"...it bothers me," he states with a determined emphasis, that I have come to know as a sign that he's about to be ridiculously stubborn about something, "It's not fair. You need to eat, and I'm not gonna let you just stop taking care of yourself for my sake."

"I'm fine, Deku."

"No." He asserts, releasing me from his grasp, and sliding himself off the edge of the bed to stand. He takes my hand in his, almost aggressively, tugging at my arm with all his might, using his whole body weight, trying to move me.

"Deku-"

"I won't allow it!" He emits many pathetic groans and huffs while trying to pull my body off of the bed, only to make no progress, and give up completely. "C-come on, Kacchan. You gotta eat." His worried emerald eyes plead.

"I'm not leaving you, Deku. I'll eat when you feel better." I respond calmly, unbothered.

"I- thank you, but I don't want you to be hungry because of me." He stares at me in contemplative silence for a few moments. "What if I just... go with you?"

"Everyone's back from school. There's probably people downstairs." I answer.

"...I know." A look of guilt crosses his face before I can even start lecturing him.

"And you know being around other people is a bad idea, right?" He nods in response, still keeping eye contact with me. "I can't ask you to come with me. That would be putting you in danger." And other people too, but I don't think I should say that. We both know.

I sit up to be more at his level.

"I understand. But I'll be okay. I-I feel a little... calmer now," I can't help but notice he doesn't use the word better, just calmer. I wonder why. "And you'll be with me. I have to be around other people eventually... this is good practice." He uses a deceptively innocent, wide eyed expression, in combination with his small fingers running themselves along my hand and interlocking with my own, to both distract and persuade me, "...please?"