Chapter 24- Lies

Deku's POV
-----------------
I guess I should head out now. It will be nice to see Uraraka. I haven't been spending much time with her lately. There's no way she won't scold me.

I leave my room with my bag, and head over to Uraraka's. I knock on her door and wait.

"One sec!" She calls in a sing song voice. She smiles when she opens the door. "Oh, hey Izu!" She opened the door a little more before halting in her tracks. "Finally decide to come see me, hmm?" She turns her back, crossing her arms. I knew it.

"I'm really sorry Ura. I've just been really busy!"

"Making out with Bakugo." She mumbles.

"What!? N-no I wasn't!" Well...

She giggles and grabs her bag, prancing back over to me. "Wanna walk together?" She asks. She was the one who said she wanted to talk to me, but I shouldn't read into it. I nod and we start on our way. She eats, and I pretend to eat a granola bar. We walk out, feeling the fresh cool air against our skin. Its getting colder out.

"So, how's Kacchan?" She asks mockingly.

"H-hes fine. I'm a little worried. I don't think he slept very well last night."

"Why not?" She asks.

"I-I dont know. But I feel like it's my fault. Maybe I take up too much of the bed... or sleep talk?" I look down at my hands, twirling my thumbs around, an old habit.

"Y-you sleep... in the same bed?" I could hear both her shock, and her smile.

"Yes, Ura. I've slept with him a few times now." She squeals and hops up and down. "NOT LIKE THAT URA!" I say, realizing how she probably interpreted my words. "We can talk about something else now. I haven't seen you in a while, I dont mean to just talk about Kacchan."

"Its fine, Izuku! Besides, I asked. And I want to know why you haven't been spending time with me. It better be good so start talking." She smiles with her hands on her hips.

"O-okay." I talk about small things at first, what shows we've seen, how many times I've stayed over.

"Wow, Izu."

"What?"

"Its sounds like somebody has a crushhh."

"N-no I don't! I'm straight Ura." She rolled her eyes.

"It's not really my place to have an opinion, so I won't say anything. But let me ask you," she looked into my eyes seriously, "do you enjoy spending time with him?"

"Yeah, of course, but that doesn't mean-"

"And do you think about him, even when your not with him?" ... I guess I do. But thats just the way its always been. Its just because I crave his blood, so I'm always thinking about him and worrying.

"Y-yeah I guess..."

"And do you miss him now? You were smiling the whole time you talked about him."

"A little. But I miss you all the time! It doesn't-" she cuts me off again.

"Alright, let me give you a scenario. Bakugo stops liking you." Well he doesn't like me in the first place. I guess I can think of it like he stops wanting to be friends. Are we friends? The way we interact and talk to each other changed, but we haven't really said anything about being friends. "He goes out with some friends and doesn't invite you. He comes back to the dorms, doesn't speak to you at all. No Goodnight, no how was your day. Nothing. You missed him when he was gone, but he didn't miss you one bit. He doesn't care if you feel lonely or sad. It's like you don't exist. He could go his whole life without thinking about you again, once." I feel tears welling up in my eyes. He was only joking when he said he liked me. He doesn't really, and that could really happen. He becomes disinterested in things so quickly. How long do i have left before he moves on from me? I hate it. I hate the thought of it. I dont want him to leave me alone. Not ever.