Chapter 65- Arrival

Deku's POV
-----------------
I wake up a little before Kacchan, as usual. Attempting to get up proved to be futile. He just kept clinging to me, and demanding that I stay. I managed to sit up, but that's as far as I got. He's got his arms coiled around my waist now, and his head is in my lap.

A sudden pang of hunger stabs into my stomach, subsiding soon after. But I know this is just the first of many more painful jabs from the inside.

I stroke Kacchan's hair a few times, trying to coax him awake. He only groans, holding onto me tighter.

"Kacchan, it's time to get up now." I say sweetly smiling. He takes a deep breath in, groaning afterwards. He is clearly awake, but he chooses to ignore me anyway.

"Kacchan." I say a little more dryly. No response. "Okay, fine. You can stay here, but I need to go to school." I try to find away out of his death grip.

"..Mine..." he mumbles. Blush forms on my cheeks.

"Y-yes but, I still have to go to school." That was so cute! Another pain starting in my stomach sweeps over me, a little more violently now. "Kacchan, let go please." I ask. Sensing a change in me, Kacchan loosened his grip a little to look up at me.

"Are you okay?" Oh suddenly awake now, are we? I give him a small nod, but another twinge of pain causes my face to tell him otherwise.

"...I'm just a little hungry." Well more than a little. I haven't eaten in a long time, and all I had was that shake yesterday.

"You should have said that earlier, dumbass." He releases me, and crawls out of bed. "What do you want?" He stretches his arms across his body one at a time.

"Um... actually, do you think I could... um bite you, please?" I ask nervously, glancing from his eyes to the floor and back again.

"You don't want me to cook?" He questions, clearly insulted.

"No! No, it's not that." I fidget with my hands uncomfortably. "I just... I just haven't... in so long... and you um..."

"I'm kidding, Deku. I don't mind." Well then geez! Don't act like you're upset.

"Okay. Thanks."

I feel kind of bad. I know he loves cooking and everything, and he's really good at it, too. It's just, it's nothing compared to drinking his blood from the source. As long as he's okay with it, I wouldn't mind eating real food most of the time, and just some blood here and there. There is no reason not to as long as I'm not putting him in danger.

Or, maybe that's selfish. But being able to have normal food makes me feel just a little more normal, and drinking his blood by biting him never fails to satisfy every burning urge inside my body for a brief moment. Both of them make me happy. And Kacchan thinks I deserve to be happy, so I think so too. If anything, the worst it will do is make me like Kacchan more... well as long as I can control myself reasonably. I can't forget how many times I've really hurt him, or even almost killed him.

The most disgusting thoughts flood into my mind whenever I think about accidentally killing him. Obviously fear and anger at myself, but also this sick joy that seems to echo in the background. It makes me want to throw up, just like that voice I kept hearing ocationaly. It's been quiet for a while, and for some reason I think it's probably because I haven't been stressed out too much lately. Kacchan has been helping me stay happy and calm, so my state of mind has been mostly positive for a while now. I really hope it stays that way.

The voice is... disturbing. Its like my own, but higher pitched and breathy. It speaks to me until I can't tell which one is the voice, and which is my thoughts. I wish that I would just lose control all at once. But the voice makes me conscious for every second that my body is in pain, and every second that my mind slips farther and farther out of my grasp. I really feel like I'm going insane sometimes.