Chapter 68- Loud

⚠️self-harm warning

Bakugo's POV
--------------------
Deku stares into my eyes for what feels like hours. I only sit in place, inspecting his trembling form. My first instinct is to comfort him, but...

I can't move. I can't speak.

He just looks at me like he's expecting something. Like for me to tell him it was a joke, or something. Maybe I should. But for some reason, I'm frozen. I can't think of anything to say, or anything I could do. Saying something now won't change what he is, or what he did.

"...Kacchan?" He pleads. What could I say? What could I do?

I take a deep steadying breath.

Get a hold of yourself, Katsuki. Maybe Deku killed someone. Two people even. But it's not like he wanted to. It's not like this is his fault. He didn't want this. Any of it.

It already happend, and no matter what I say, I can't change that. But, I can't exactly pretend like nothings changed. I can't do anything about the past, but I can stop it from ever happening again.

I love him more than anything. More than any other person on this whole planet, more than any amount of money or physical objects, and far more than my own life. So,

"It's... okay. It's okay." I finally speak. Deku only looks more horrified, raising both of his trembling hands now to his open mouth.

"Kacchan, you're joking right?" He asks. I stand, and approach him. He on the other hand, takes a step back. "Kacchan? Please, tell me you're joking."

"Deku, it's okay." I repeat, placing my hand gently on his back, stopping him from moving any further away.

"Oh my God, you're not joking." He stares straight ahead of him at my chest, his eyes going even wider.

"Deku-"

"Who?" He asks harshly, "Who did I kill?"

I turn back to Zayyan, only to see him shake his head no, informing me that he was staying out of it.

"Kacchan." Deku says again. His tone is sharp, and almost aggressive.

"...that girl who's quirk you have, and a woman who had a healing quirk." I reluctantly answer.

"And you..." he pushes himself away from me, glaring into my eyes, "And you can stand to be in the same room as me!?" He hisses angrily. I step back, unsure of how to answer.

"Wow." A crooked smile forms on his face as tears well in his eyes, which seem to be almost glazed over, "You really are amazing, Kacchan." What the hell is he saying?

"Deku?" He physically jolts, and shakes his head, looking up into my eyes again, this time in a confused sort of daze.

"...it spoke..." he mumbles quietly to himself, "Oh God. Oh my God." His chest starts rising and falling rapidly, and he stumbles backwards, barely stopping himself from falling. His eyes focus on a place on the floor next to my feet.

He crosses his arms, trying to calm his shaking. I kneel in front of him in his line of sight, cupping his face in my hands. He can't decide weather he wants to glare at me, or cry.

"Deku, it's okay."

"But-" his breathing only quickens.

"I know it's a lot to process." I try to calm him, "Can we talk about this? Alone?"

I glance back at Zayyan, then back to Deku. He nods his head after a brief moment of consideration, and turns around to leave. I guide him out of the door, keeping my hand gently placed on his lower back.