Chapter 7- Tame

Deku's POV
-----------------
How long has he been there?! Did he hear our conversation? How much does he know? Why the heck is he even here? No way that was a coincidence.

"Todoroki? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Don't worry. I wasn't eavesdropping. The walls are pretty soundproof. All I heard was Bakugo's occasional yells." What a relief. I still really want to keep everything a secret. I only told Kacchan because I had to. But...

"That doesn't explain why you were here."

"Everyone was worried. I came up to make sure he didn't hurt you." I can't believe what I am hearing.

I guess I can see why people would be worried. Kacchan used to bully me. But he hasn't hurt me physically in years. He says mean stuff from time to time, and I cry about it. But I'm a cry baby, it's not his fault. Not to mention he is only mean to me because I bit him when we were kids. I hurt him. None of this is his fault. And Todoroki is not my parent. Him monitoring me? I am so far beyond annoyed.

"Todoroki, I told you to leave it alone!"

"No you didn't. You just wanted to talk to him alone. So I let you." He replies calmly.

"You LET me? You don't get to decide who I talk to or when Todo. That's not your job. I can handle myself, and I told you he isn't going to hurt me." He has no idea how helpful Kacchan was actually being. "Maybe I didn't say it before, but I am saying it right now. Leave it ALONE." I raise my voice slightly, but I'm not yelling. I'm angry, but he is my friend, and I know he just wants to make sure I am okay.

"Midoriya, he is dangerous." He says. Still calm.

"Todoroki you don't even know what you're talking about! You don't know anything! He's not dangerous, I am okay! I hurt him! I'm a fucking monster!" I was yelling now. Todoroki looks shocked, maybe because I never swear out loud. I don't care. I took his moment of silence, and used it to storm off.

I stomp downstairs and into the kitchen. I make some Ramen, grab two sodas, and walk back out to the common area. I look around for Uraraka, but I don't see her. I can smell that Kacchan is close by. He's sitting on a chair alone. I notice him glance up to Kirishima's table. Kirishima isn't his usual happy self. Instead he's quiet, and kind of goes along with whatever Kaminari says. I walk over to Kirishima.

"Hey."

"Oh hey Midoriya." He says.

"Do you know where Uraraka is?" I ask.

"I think she went up to her room." I feel bad seeing him like this. I know he looks up to Kacchan, just like me. I smile a little at the thought of him knowing all of the good things Kacchan did for me. I think he would be proud.

"Okay thanks. I really need to go make up with her." I can't do much, but I know Kacchan is too stubborn to start making amends with Kirishima. "I hate it when friends fight."

"Yeah. Me too." He says, looking down. Maybe he will do something. I don't know. I went upstairs, passing Todoroki on the way. I didn't say a word. The only person I wanted to see right now was Uraraka.

I knocked on her door. "Yes?" She says.

"It's me Ura." She went silent. "Can we talk now?" I hope she's not too mad. I really need her right now. There was nothing. "I brought a soda for you?" A few seconds pass before I hear movement.

"Fine. It better be sprite." I breathed a sigh or relief when she opened the door.

She snatched a soda out of my hand and sat down on her bed, inviting me to do the same. I did, closing the door behind me. I sniffed the air, but I couldn't smell Todoroki. Good. She opened the soda and crossed her legs looking at me.