Chapter 26- Realizations

Deku's POV

-----------------
My hands feel like two weights hanging by my sides, pulling me downwards and making me want to crumble to the floor. I stand at the doorway, unable to move. He's never said no before. I feel so betrayed. Maybe even angry.

I walk to the back stall and step inside, closing the door, mindlessly. I don't feel good. I would be throwing up if I had eaten anything today. I don't get it. It's his fault I'm like this now. Why did he say no? Well, whatever. He's acting weird today. I take a deep breath. There's no point in getting mad. I genuinely believe he is a good person who wants to look out for me, so I trust him. It's probably just the hunger talking.

I wait around in the bathroom, pacing a circle in my stall. My eyes are back to normal, but I stay a few extra minutes just to be sure I won't go crazy. It wasn't as hard to regain control as I thought it would be. I wasn't really at my breaking point, I was just exposed to blood, so I guess that makes sense. I splash cool water on my face a few times, and inspect myself in the mirror. Back to normal.

I walk quickly back to class, being sure to change my position so it looks like I came from the nurse.

I enter the classroom, everyone's eyes are on me.

"Are you okay, Izu?" Uraraka asks.

"It looked like you passed out or something." Kaminari said.

"Yeah, I'm fine! I just didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night, haha." I head over to my seat and plop down. I skip ahead in my book to where present mic was reading now, and continued like nothing happened.

Class ended soon enough, and we got to head back to the dorms.

I walk next to Kacchan, who seems to be avoiding my gaze. I don't understand what's up with him today. I link arms with him, startling him enough to make him look down at me.

"W-what are you doing?" He asks, a bit red.

"You're being weird today, Kacchan. Are you okay?" He nods, but I don't believe him. I sigh, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Whatever you say..." We walk like that for a while in silence. "Hey Kacchan, can you-"

"Bakubro! Midoriya!" I hear Kirashima yell from behind us. He runs up to us, and I jump about five feet from Kacchan.

"O-oh hey Kirishima!" I say, waving.

"You guys wanna come over to my room and work on the project!? I already asked, Uraraka's in!" He threw his arm around Kacchan's shoulder, smiling brightly.

Kacchan sighs and continues walking with his hands in his pockets, accepting the situation. I giggle a little bit. He seems to have a soft spot for Kirishima, and Kirishima alone. I feel a sudden pang of jealousy.

"Now?" I ask.

"Yeah! Its will be supper fun! We can play spin the bottle or uno or charades or-"

"You mean work, shitty hair?" Kacchan rolls his eyes, Kirishima laughs awkwardly. "You just want to play party games!" Kacchan yells.

"O-oh come on! We'll work too. Get some work done, have some fun. It's a win win!"

"No, shitty hair." Kirishima sighs.