Chapter 36- Confrontation

Bakugo's POV
--------------------
What in the name of fuck is happening.

I try to hide my shock. Deku looks really shaken up, but obviously he can't explain what that basterd said right now. He's just smiling and reading through the notes we made previously. I cant say anything direct, and looking at him will only draw attention that I'm sure he doesn't want right now. But I want to let him know I'm here, and nothings changed. I'm still going to help him and I won't leave his side.

I reach my hand over to his, which layed limply, resting on his leg. He shyed away from the touch at first, but I gripped his hand stubbornly anyway. After a few seconds, he changes the position, interlacing his fingers with mine, spreading the drying blood onto the back of my hand with his fingertips. He clutches my hand desperately, shaking a little. I rub slow circles on the back of his hand with my thumb.

His whole body stiffens when we hear the door open. Todoroki saunteres in, and over to his seat. He received glares from most of the girls in the room, but the guys just ignored him awkwardly. I want to fucking destroy him. Deku, adjusted his grip so he could hold onto me tighter. I sigh internally. Fighting Todoroki right now wouldn't help Deku, and being angry will only put Deku more on edge. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself, and only send tranquil energy towards Deku.

After a few minutes, his body relaxes some, but his grip stays tight on my hand, tightening slightly with every forced smile, and fake laugh. Class dragged on for what felt like hours, but it eventually ended. We somehow managed to finish the project. We packed up all of our supplies, and moved our desks back. I had to pry Deku's hand away from my own. I hate that I can't hold onto him longer.

Everyone began filing out of the classroom. Icy hot brushed past Deku on his way out, a hardly noticeable smile on his face. Deku retreated behind me, and I put my arm protectively in front of him.

"See you later, Midoriya." He said, more to me than to Deku.

"Y-yeah.." Deku held onto my sleeve, but submitted to his words. I grit my teeth, holding myself in place with only my sheer will power. Kirishima places his hand on my shoulder.

"I fucking know." I hiss at him. He looks at me sadly, then picks up his things and leaves, leaving only me and Deku in the classroom. I turn to Deku.

"Deku, what happened? Are you okay, what did he do?" I ask, finally able to say what I had been wanting to since he walked back in. He looks at me blankly.

"...We... we are friends, right?" He asks.

"What? Um yeah, obviously. What does that have to do with anything?" I ask.

"It doesn't. I just wanted to hear you say it again." He smiled a little, but it seemed forced.

"Deku, are you okay?" I ask again, though I can clearly see something is wrong, I guess he can tell me what Icy hot said when we are in a more private area. But still, I want to make sure he's stable. I mean, he had fucking blood on his hand and it definitely wasn't his own.

"I'm fine. We're gonna be late to class." He picks up his bag and mine, handing it to me. He starts out the classroom by himself. Something about his eyes is really... scaring me.

I follow him, though not very closely to our next class. And from there the day progressed as it normally would. In fact it seemed pretty boring. Deku became his usual self, bubbly and bright. I did my best not to stare at him, but I can't help it if I'm worried. If I hadn't held his hand earlier, I wouldn't think a thing was wrong. But he was holding onto me so desperately. There's no fucking way he's okay.

And I think Todoroki must have gone to the nurse, so Deku definitely hurt him. Thankfully, he didn't go crazy, or at least I hope he didn't. I have no idea what's going through his head right now. Did he hurt Todoroki, and then tell him his condition, or did Todoroki already know or find out on his own somehow?