Conflict

Yooo, I started this book in 2019, Just a small flex XDD I usually never work on a book for this long and still have the motivation to write in it, so yeah, XDD I'm a little proud XD. Also sorry for the not being able to update since December! TmT school started in person for me again.--- Ya'll this is 4016 words TwT.

-Y/n's POV-

Standing next to Shouto, we watched as Momo directed the Uraraka, Sero, and Sato on how to untrap the man that was under the rubble. I picked at my nails, patiently waiting to see if either Shouto or I would be asked to use our fire quirks.

"This isn't good," Mineta spoke, gaining the rest of our attention, "We're just standing around and watching,"

Agreeing with the grape haired boy, Shoji addressed, "Several people already went off on their own, unlike in the first round, we may need to split up for this one. We could move in smaller groups,"

"In that case, I'll be of much more help if I head to the river,"

Feeling Shouto's left hand rest below my elbow, my eyes furrowed slightly. My cheeks dusting a light shade of pink after he too had spoken to Tsuyu.

"We'll join you,"

Hagakure jumped up beside me, her hands wrapping around my arm, squeezing it, "Me too!" 

~~~

Coming up on the river's edge, I watched as Hagakure ran up ahead, her hand ushering us forwards, as she found something. "You guys! Over there!"

Climbing over the rocks ledge, my eyes widened seeing a, what supposed to be, a little boy, his grip around a small rock unmoving as he yelled to us.

"Help! I can't swim!"

Stopping at the edge, Tsuyu jumped into the water, my hands cupping around my mouth as I hollard towards the boy.

"Everything is gonna be okay! Froppy is gonna come get you!"

"We might need to warm the boy up! Let's gather firewood!" Shouto yelled, running off to collect some. 

"Leave that to me!" Watching as Hagakure ran off in the opposite direction, I watched as the boy shivered in his spot on the rock, tears poking out on the edge of his eyes.

 Tsuyu arose from the water, the boy jumped, Tsuyu  gently taking him with her as she brought him to shore, her tongue wrapping around as she lifted him above the edge, and into my arms.

Quickly I activated my quirk, holding him tightly. His head burying itself into my arm as he cried.

"Hey, see your safe now," I whispered gently, his soaked clothes causing mine to become damp, dark spots appearing whatever the water made contact with. "Does anywhere hurt?" Feeling as his head shook no, I smiled, Shouto and Hagakure running up towards us, as Tsuyu pulled herself up out of the water.

Smiling up towards the three, I gently placed my hand on top the boys head. "He should be just fine, I activated my quirk to help him warm up a bit, and he doesn't seem to have any visible wounds, though we still should get him checked out at the nearest- AH!" Tightening my grip on the boy, the four of us wobbled a bit trying to place our footing as the ground shook, large blasts going off in the distance.

"Explosions?"

"What?!" Hagakure shook her hands vigorously, her voice laced with worry.

"I thought this was just a rescue mission!" I yelped, almost falling  to the ground, before Shouto's hand grabbed my arm gently.

"A villain has completed another large scale attack. The terrorists have appeared, and have begun to sweep the area. Hero candidates at the scene should continue their rescue efforts, while also suppressing the newly arrived villains,"