Spiral

-Y/n's POV-

-(Present Time)-

"It all seemed to just spiral out of control from there, like anything you tried to do or say wouldn't matter in the slightest,"

-(Four Years Old)-

The flames from my Mother's quirk flickered outwards, some bouncing off the metal of the bank door.

The sound of footsteps busting through the main doors and a man with a deep voice shouting out caught our attention.

My Mother, not focused on her quirk, didn't catch as a flame-licked sideways, the act catching a decorative plant on fire that went ablaze quickly.

"Momma!"

Hearing my call, Mother turned her head only to catch the fiery plant from the corner of her eye.

"Shoot, no no no!" Going to attempt to put the fire out, she took a step to close, knocking the plant over with her shoe. The fake leaves instantly catching aflame and continuing the spread of them.

"We have to get out of here!" She yelled, rushing to the two of us, gently nudging Dad away from the ever-growing fire.

"And how are we supposed to do that?!" Dad yelled, his voice booming causing me to whine and cover my ears.

"We can't just do nothing!" Mother retorted, trying to rush us to safety, but dad seemed to want to continue the argument, placing me by his side on the ground with a slight force. My tiny legs, rushing over to my Mother's, her hand finding its way into my locks.

"Ugh! We could have gotten out of here and back at home if she hadn't run off like that!"

"Oh, you're gonna do this now?! Right now?!"

"You're damn right I am! We wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for her!"

-(Present Time)-

"See, I was considered a result of teen pregnancy. My parents had planned this whole, luxurious future for them, they decided what day they'd marry when they'd have kids, how many. But for some reason when I was thrown into the picture.., their entire life seemed deflated. Dad's job as an accountant wasn't paying the bills for their fancy lifestyle and my mom's pregnancy needs, so I guess they had the discussion on whether or not they should keep me,"

"We didn't have a choice!"

"WE DID HANAE! We...we did,"

"You know I couldn't..."

"I guess when push came to shove, Mom decided I was gonna stay," I wiped at my eyes forcefully while I gave out a horsed laugh, "I don't even know if that was the right choice or not, to be honest,"

-(Four Years Old)-

We ran to the back end of the bank, the entire building burning in the flames. The sound of fire trucks was just barely heard over my parents yelling and the cracking of the ceiling above.

My mom stopped running when we came to yet another dead end, her face contorting as her grip tightened around me.

Mom turned back to dad, the dread on their face making the knot in my stomach grow even more. 

-(Present Time)-

"My Dad got mad at that point and had activated his shield quirk. he placed one around my mother and me, and one around himself... he rammed himself in the side of the wall, as a way to get out," My nerves began to get the better of me, my leg bouncing once more.

Glancing up back at the destroyed bank I  gave out a shallow breath, the sudden downpour of ran seemingly coming to a steady stop. My leg stopped bouncing slowly as my mind narrowed in one direction.

Anger.

"Long story short, the building came crashing down, I got caught under a beam, got a wound that needed treatment, and they ended up leaving me behind, left for dead."

I stood up from my spot on the bench, wiping away what was left of the tear stains on my face.

"Excuse me, I... I have to do something," leaving the shelter of the bus stop, I made a beeline towards the construction sight across the street. My shoes soaking in the rainwater and mud that flooded the empty street, Todoroki's footsteps following behind me, splashing water with every step.

"L/n, I don't think its a good idea for you to wander off alone right now,"

"I'm not. Your following me aren't you?"

I grimaced at the harshness of my words, but shook off the feeling and continued to maneuver my way under the yellow caution tape.

"L/n, wait and think before you do something you'll regret."

I growled at his words, turning on my heel roughly, mud collecting under my shoe.

"I am done waiting, Todoroki!" I let out a whine, dropping my hands to my sides in defeat. "...I'm done waiting," Looking beside me I gazed down at the pile of rubble.  My eyebrows furrowed as a thought came to mind.

I bent down, picking up a dirtied, rusted screw off the ground. The pointed end on it was ground down to a rough edge. I sighed, running my finger over it gingerly. Todorki's shadow casting over me, as he stood behind me, silent. 

"This is gonna sound stupid... heck all of this does, but... this is gonna be my new start. I'm never gonna wait, not for anyone or anything. I'll do things my way, and however fast I want,"

We stayed quiet for a moment. No noise except for the straggler raindrops and gutters draining out.

All was quiet when Todoroki decided to break the silence.

"We still have time left before I need to take you home," He started, catching my attention. I turned to look at him to already see his heterochromia gaze on me.

"I want to take you somewhere,"

"Where?" I questioned him only to receive his hand in front of my face, opened upwards, waiting for me to take it.

"That parts a surprise."