I'll Kill 'Em

Holding my pom poms close to my chest I looked down to my feet the embarrassment seething from my body as smoke began to emit from my shoulders and head.

"What are they doing?"

Feeling like I'm being watched I snapped my head towards the general direction, my cheeks shaded themselves in a dark hue, causing even more smoke to rise off of me like a volcano. The boy's stern expression was slightly altered as we made eye contact only for him to look up the last second.

'No! Todoroki saw us!' 

"Looks like class 1-A is going full fan service!" 

Hearing Present Mic's obnoxious comment, my head snapped to the two snickering boys.

"I'll kill 'em." Gina seethed, her pom poms, surprisingly, covering her torso which she had have exposed before due to her hero costume.

"Meinta! Kaminari! You tricked us didn't you!?" Momo yelled the rare anger that came from her evident tick marks that formed on her brow that accompanied her, Bakugou-like expression.

Sighing from defeat Momo dropped on her knees, "Why am I always caught up Mineta's schemes? I even used my quirk to make the outfits,"

"They look great by the way Yaoyorozu," I give the stressed girl a small smile for her to return it gratefully.

"Uh! I hate those guys!" Jiro throws down her pom-poms in a small fit of range before  Hagakure spoke up.

"Well! We do have a little time before the finals start and I like these uniforms so- let's just roll with it!" Hagakure sounded rather excited as her pom-poms danced in the air.

"Are you crazy!" Jiro asked her ear jacks scrunched up jaggedly.

"Wow Tooru, you got skills," Tesuyu spoke, leaning over Jiro's shoulder to get a better view of Hagakure's cheerleading.

"So...wait, is the final round always a tournament?" Mina asked, sparking my curiosity as well as a few others.

"Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, I've never got to watch the finals due to helping my grandmother out in her store, especially during this time of year when the tourist come out to watch the finals," 

Giving us one of his signature smiles, Sero explained, "The finals always a one on one competition, they switch it up every time. Last year it was a foam sword fighting match,"

Raising her whip Midnight spoke out to the crowd. "Come closer and draw lots to see who you're fighting up against. Then enjoy the pleasure of recreational games before we start,"

"Sorry, but I'm withdrawing." Turning the tailed boy my mouth fell open slightly.

'What?'

"Ojiro! No way!" Izuku protested turning to our classmate, Iidya doing the same.

"This is a rare chance for you to get scouted!"

Sighing Ojiro looked down seemingly ashamed of himself. "It just wouldn't be right, I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until the very end of it. I think it was that guy's quirk. I know this is a great opportunity. I wish I could take advantage of this but my conscience won't let me,"

"Just think about this," Izuku tried to reason taking a step towards him.

"I have okay! Everyone gave their all in round two, but I was just someone's puppet. No way, I don't want to advance if I don't even know how I got here. It wouldn't be fair."

Looking around at everyone's flabbergasted expressions, there was a certain person on the same team as Ojiro who had a slight frown on their face. Her cheeks were puffed out as one of her hands rubbed her opposite arm in a thought-like process.

"You're making way to much of this! Just kill it in the finals and prove you should be here!" Tooru failed to negotiate.

"Yeah! What she said! I didn't do much in the battle either." Mina explained making me realize I myself did little in the battle as well.

"That's not it, I'm talking about my pride here. I refuse to give that up," Giving Ojiro a sympathized expression I couldn't help but imagine how he would feel, especially when he was so close to going to finals," Also, why are all the girls dressed like cheerleaders?" Groaning at the thought, I instinctively covered myself back up with my pom-poms along with all the other girls.

"Niridiki Shoda, from class 1-b. I withdraw for the exact same reason, regardless of how strong  I am. This isn't how I wanted to get here! It would go against the values of the festival to advanced in earning my spot!" My eyes widened at yet another student saying they want to withdraw. My eyes stealing a glance at Gina who was nervously playing with the fringe of her pom-pom.

"So manly!" Kirishima spoke, seemingly triggering Gina's hand to raise up shyly earning surprised looks from our class.

"Are you withdrawing to Yakatama?" Midnight questioned, her hand n her chin with her eyebrow raised.

Gina's hand gripped her pom-poms tightly. "Um..." Watching as her eyes aggressively scanned the watching crowd, her pupils suddenly came to a halt and shrinking drastically. As soon as her hand went up it came back down her eyes darting down to her feet. "No...just, nevermind,"

Trying t see what the girl looked at that made her go quiet I directed sight to the general direction she was looking the only thing I caught was a retreating figure of a girl with twin tail drills in her hair as she skipped away.

"Well now... here's a weird turn of events," Mic spoke up awkwardly trying to break the tension in the stadium.

"This sort of talk is incredibly nieve, my boys. That turns me on! Shoda! Ojiro! You're withdrawn!"

'What the hell?'

"Don't worry, I'll win it for you," Aoyama placed a hand on Ojiro's shoulder, doing...I'm not exactly sure what. 

"Now let's see, we'll have to move up two contestants from the fifth place from the Calvary team so we have enough contestants. And so Tetsu Tetsu and Shiozoki have advanced to the finals! Take a look at the brackets my dears! These are your opponents!"

Looking at the board I read off the names awaiting to see where my name would pop in at. Seeing the bottom row my body tensed up remembering all the training sessions I've had with this one person.

And how she kicked my ass.