Silent Promises

Grammerly's underlines for misspelled words turned invisible, so bare with me on this one(ㆆ ᴗ ㆆ)

Enjoy!(⌐□_□)/~

-Y/n's POV-

"Shoto?"

Peeking my head into my room, a small frown made it's way to my face. The multi-colored boy nowhere to be seen inside.

'Where did he go?'

Closing the door, my gaze settled toward the stairs. My brow knitting together not having seen him anywhere downstairs either.

'Maybe he's in his room?' 

Though the idea of him being in his own room wasn't absurd, it felt weird. After the two of us had went inside with the others, he disappeared after a small while. Not saying where he'd be.

Making my way up the steps towards the boy's side of the dorms. The smell of Sato's baking seeped out into the hall as I passed his room. Slightly jealous of the fact that Shoto's part of the dorms was constantly smelling like a bakery.

Turning the handle to Shoto's door, I was surprised when it had opened. Not expecting it to be unlocked. Pushing it open, I scanned the room for the red and white colored hair of his.

"Shoto- oh," Pausing my stride, I stayed near the door seeing him look up from his desk. A partially written letter placed in front of him.

Not having realized he would be writing to his Mother, I felt somewhat embarrassed having walked in on him. Knowing he'd often hide away in his room to spend time writing to her alone.

"Sorry," I smiled nervously, silently kicking myself for interrupting something special for him only because I had wanted to be next to him, "I didn't know you were writing back to your Mom,"

Setting my hand on the side of his door, I took a small step back. His eyes watching me as I went to leave, "I can just come back later,"

"What was it that you wanted?" He questioned, eyes falling back to the paper in front of him. Continuing his line of thought as he waited for me to respond.

Shifting my feet, I shook my head. The hot feeling that rose to my cheeks prompted me to lean in behind the door more, not wanting to say, "Nothing important," I eased, eyes falling to the incense he had burning on his desk. The earthy smell of sandalwood making itself known as it traveled towards where I stood, "Just...wanted to know where you were, I guess,"

Missing the small glance he sent my way, I continued to stand by the door quietly. My social battery no longer having enough energy to go back down and socialize with the others.

"You can stay in here if you want," He offered, flipping the mechanical pencil he held upside down before erasing what he had just written, "I don't mind,"

Unsure if it was really okay for me to be here, my handle on the door tightened slightly, "Are you sure?"

Swiping away at the new shavings of rubber from his paper, he was quick to continue writing, "I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't,"

Feeling my shoulder tense slightly, I looked away, "R-right, yeah,"

Stepping inside his room, I gently closed the door. Leaning my back into it until a small click could be heard. The sandalwood smell from before slowly becoming more fragrant now the small ventilation had been closed off again.

Looking over the nicely decorated room, I felt odd being in it. My room no doubt a lot messier than his, not to mention how childish it seemed compared to his. The different pro hero posters that I had littered around the walls almost mocking me from inside my head.