Late Starts

-Y/n's POV-

"Ugh! That thief took my bag! Someone- call a hero!"

Hearing the man's cry for help, the five of us took off down the sidewalk, my eyes trained onto the man who ran straight for us, briefcase in hand.

being only a few centimeters off the ground, I attempted to speed up, admitting more flames from under my feet, the action going well for me before a large blast came from behind us, Endevore pulling ahead of us at the last second, taking out the villain before any of us could.

Seeing the others slow down, I attempted to do the same, my quirk suddenly shorting out on me, making me trip up on my landing a bit. The whole flying with my quirk thing not being as easy as I initially intended.

"We were the ones who responded first this time!" Shoto groaned, his ice stopping beside me as he looked towards his father.

"Dammit, how did he beat us again!?" Bakugou yelled, Gina still held upon his back, not having the option of flying.

Even though I could now fly at least somewhat, Shoto still had to help me move around once in a while, my ability to fly only lasting a minute or two until the sweat on my feet and legs runs out.

Bowing down to us and the number one hero, the man had sweat falling from his brow, "Thank you all so much! Half of my life savings are in this case," He cried, happily retrieving the briefcase from Endeavor.

"You should be more careful if you're still carrying cash these days," Endevore warned the man who stood in front of him nodding.

"Yes Sir!"

"Endeavor! We've got a hit and run in area twenty-three!"

"Got it, be right there!" Within a second, Endevore was already back into the sky.

"Crap!" Bakugou yelled, using his quirk to blast himself after the number one hero.

 "Let's go!" Shoto spoke, taking hold of my arm before using his ice to follow after them.

As we skated with his ice, I tried my best to be steady, the sudden movement not giving me enough time to properly situate myself as Shoto's handheld onto my legs.

"You're getting better," Shoto's voice called out to me, his eyes still focused on following his father. "You didn't fall down this time when you stopped,"

Pouting slightly, I held onto his shoulders, "Yeah but I still can't fly for more than a few minutes at a time. Tomorrow our last day, I should be able to move around on my own by now,"

"Your body just isn't used to it yet," He reasoned, our eyes falling onto Endevore seeing him already arresting the hit and run suspect, a white van smoking as it was dented up against a lamp post.

Slowing to a stop, I could feel as Shoto began to breathe heavier, the other two boys doing the same as well.

Turning to us, Endevore spoke, "Let's stop here for today," Hearing this, I gently set myself back onto the ground, Gina doing the same, "You should return to your rooms and get some sleep,"

Jutting his hand back, Gina had to step out of the way to avoid getting struck by one of Bakugou's gauntlets, "I'm not done fighting!"

"Kacchan!" Midoriya scolded, "Don't argue!"

"What about you?" Shoto questioned, my attention going back to Endevore, seeing him walking ahead of us, "You're not coming back with us?"

"I'll head in after patrols over." He acknowledges, pausing his stride for a moment, "We have an early day tomorrow, don't start it out fatigued," Seeing him continue to walk off, my eyes fell to Shoto, no one moving to leave right away.