Tainted Memories

!!TRIGGER WARNINGS: Mentions of Death, Blood, and Yelling in People's faces!!

The image above depicts young Y/n (9) and Mikoto (6 months old)!

Yes, I did the math right this time! I hope (-。-;

Enjoy (OwO)/~

-Y/n's POV-

Laying against the back of the couch, I watched as the TV lit up the dark room surrounding us. The romance movie Hagakure picked only being halfway done when the main couple had already gotten together.

And hearing Mina whisper to Momo, the rest of it was supposed to be a tragedy. Something Hagakure had failed to come crossed when searching for the reviews.

Resting the side of my head against the couch, I could feel my eyes grow heavy. My promise of only staying up for a little bit came crashing down when the girls forced me into a game of charades. Claiming the odd number of players wouldn't be fair.

Though I had been watching the movie this whole time. It was getting hard to keep my focus on the main plot. All that I knew was that a self-proclaimed handsome rich man had fallen in love with his 'Nerdy' secretary with a mutation quirk that was made out to seem ugly.

Even if the mutation she had was just a simple extra set of eyes. The show still found a way to exploit the stigma against the unnatural by making everyone around her somehow hate her for her quirk.

The only reason she and the rich man had gotten together was because of the totally played-out plot of the nerd type turning beautiful with a simple pair of eye contacts and makeup. And from that point on the once patronized nerd had found herself being loved by all, thanks to her new relationship with a man who she had only met a week ago.

Letting out a quiet yawn, I couldn't help but criticize the movie, 'This is ridiculous. Since when does having a mutation quirk mean anything?'

"This is stupid," Hagakure whined, not enjoying the outdated message it was sending either, the other girls agreeing with her as they continued to watch.

Holding onto her pillow, Mina lightly hinted at the ending of it, "It's supposed to get better. At least that's what I'm told,"

"Yeah. I'm waiting for the part where she dumbs him," Gina added, not amused with the red flags she had been catching onto, "He's a prick. If anyone ever tells me I need to wear makeup to go out someplace. I'm dumping their ass off at the nearest airport and making sure one of the wings catches on fire while they fly over an ocean,"

Seeing the main character on the TV enter a fancy restaurant to surprise her new boyfriend, Mina quickly jumped up, shushing everyone as she waved toward the TV, "Shh! This is the part! Watch!"

Almost on cue, the character found her rich boyfriend having a dinner date with another girl. One they made sure to point out that didn't have a mutation quirk.

Seeing the girl frozen in place, the camera settled on her face. The girls all leaned forwards eager to see how'd she react. Seeing her march towards the cheating boy toy of hers, the girls cheered when she dumped his drink over his head before yelling at him.

Struggling to stay awake, my knees folded into my chest, my arms crossing overtop of them while the movie continued to play. The sounds it played fell on deaf ears as I continued to try and fight off sleep.