Suspicion

Thank you to @g0thics1ut for reminding me to update this week XD <33 Thank chu bubs! And also a big thank you for all the love you guys gave me in the last announcement I made in the previous chapter <333 I'm glad you all are enjoying my book! I love you all <3333

-Y/n's POV-

"Nothing seems to be wrong," Recovery Girl hummed, a small syringe looking pen tapping against her lip in thought, "Physically that is,"

I sighed, playing with my fingers nervously as I sat on the medical cot in the Nurses office. It was well into the night, and I had yet to go back to the dorms.

Pushing off of her desk, the older woman, slid her swivel chair towards me, the small flashlight at the bottom of her pen lighting up, shining into my eyes.

"When you first told me that you were seeing missing people, my first thought was Psychosis. But, you don't meet the necessary, 'requirements' per se, to have such a thing," As she clicked her pen once more, the light was gone. My eyes readjusting to the normal lighting in the room.

Before I had time to process her first statement, she shot me a quizzical look, her eyebrow raised, "How much have you been sleeping, dear?"

Feeling a chill run up my spine, I looked down, trying to think. The answer is easy, but the nerves that ran through my body pushed it to the far side of my brain, "Uh-um, maybe five-ish? hours. I don't get back to the dorms till a little later at night, cause of my brother," Feeling her gaze still watching me, I rubbed the back of my neck, "Sorry, my Grandma is usually with me when I go to the doctor- shes better at this than I am," I chuckled nervously.

"How late at night?"

"It usually depends, on the train schedule, and if I stop by my home- on a good day it takes me about two hours to get there and back. More busy days can maybe take me three-four hours," I replied, already knowing where this is going, "And with my extra classes and the one or two therapy sessions I have- I have to make Mikoto, my brother, wait a few hours at his school before I can go pick him up. That is if none of my classmates can get him before them,"

Seeing her scribble down small notes, I could feel the sweat building on my palms, subconsciously rubbing them against my skirt nervously.

"How early do you wake up?"

"two and a half hours before class starts, I suppose, I have to make sure Mikoto gets to school- when he has school at least," I laughed dryly, the straight look on the elder woman's face making me shrink back.

"I'm aware of the situation with your Grandmother but, why is Mikoto not in the care of any other family member of yours? Parent's for example?"

Feeling a small flame lick the top of my hand, I pushed down the small hint of hatred for that question, "They...They went missing when I was younger. Both only children and my other grandparent's all passed away when I was little," I seethed, making my tone even as to not come off rude to the woman.

"I see," As the room fell into a heavy silence, I stole a glance outside the window. The moon was out but gave off little light to the night sky. "I am hesitant to say this sweety but,"

Looking towards the silver-haired woman I waited for her to speak, she did so hesitantly, "But when you had told me there was a photo on your phone earlier, but couldn't find it..." She thought out loud to herself, looking back up at me worriedly, "When did you start seeing your friend Gina- when she's not really there of course,"

Thinking back, I scratched my arm, the scar crossed it slowly fading as the months went by "Around the time we had moved into the dorms. Specifically when I first brought Mikoto to live with me. Now that I think about it... I usually see her hanging around in the background and further away from the commotion. Hadn't talked much at all actually. But for the past week or two, she has been talking to me more and more,"

Listening intently, Recovery crossed her legs, "What is she saying to you?"

"I don't know, first with was small things- like this one time! I was getting Mikoto, and she just showed up. She was talking about school like she had been to classes that day, and she was dressed in our uniforms," I explained, Recovery Girl quirking an eyebrow.

"Does she not always look the same?"

Shaking my head, I continued, "No, it changes, sometimes mid conversations. Like when I saw her a moment ago- just before I found you. She went from her uniform to her hero outfit, and...and to what she wore when she was taken,"  Sighing heavily, I cursed as it turned into a quiet yawn, "She kept trying to get me to go somewhere today though... when I said no, that's when she started changing,"

Hearing a defeated sigh escape the elder's lips, I met her gaze, "I hope my assumptions are incorrect but, I have a feeling this is all because of someone else's quirk,"

Hearing this, my eyes widened slightly.

'I never even thought of that,'

"I'm not saying that's what is happening but, just in case, I will inform your teacher Aizawa immediately," Quickly hopping off of her chair, she walked towards her desk, pulling out a familiar sheet of paper before scribbling onto it. "I want you to take someone with you when you take your younger brother to and from school. Give them this pass, and I will speak to Aizawa about making this a pertinent situation until we know for sure that this is not a quirk. It could very well be a prank being played on you, but I won't take that chance for it to be a villain,"

Handing me the paper gently, I scanned the slip, smiling gently as my view was suddenly obstructed by three lollipops. The nurse's frail hands setting them down before gathering her things.

"Split them between yourself and your brother, as well as that boyfriend of yours," She spoke casually, causing smoke to rise from my face as I waved off her comment.

"O-oh, Shouto isn't my boyfriend Ma'am, he's just a close friend," I eased, making her laugh quietly.

"How'd you know I was talking about Endeavor's boy?"

Suddenly the top of my head caught on fire, quickly putting it out as the woman's laughter grew, gesturing to her open door.

"Shall we go dear? I'll walk you to your dorm,"

"Y-you don't have to do that! I wouldn't want you to get hurt, especially this late at night," I smiled, following her out into the hall, as she turned the lights off in her office.

"I may be old, but I'm still a pro hero. I'll be just fine," She defended, walking me out of the building and onto the pathway towards the dorms. Inturrupting the growing silence once again, Recovery Girl spoke, "Another thing dear, if that friend of yours that you are seeing asks you to go somewhere, do not follow. It may be a trap in order for someone to take you," She warned.

Nodding slowly, I looked towards my feet.

'What if it's the league? Or if it really is Gina? What if she's, showing me the way to where she's being held?'

"I didn't mean to frighten you, dear," Recovery Girl soothed, looking back ahead of herself, "I only want to avoid losing another student. It's hard tracking down one as it is,"

Hearing this, my ear perked, "Your working on her case? I- I thought Pro's weren't focusing on it anymore seeing as it's been months since the-"

"Many of us are still working the case Dear. Aizawa and All Might being two of them. Even that hard head, Endeavor is making an effort into finding this girl,"

'Endevor?'