A Winter's End

Revenge will come soon, I promise <3

I apologize for the switching of povs in this chapter! It may or may not get confusing because the POVs will not be specified here due to how frequently they change ;)

-Y/n's POV-

Stumbling out of the school gates of U.A., it wasn't long before Mikoto's name had been called out. Classmates naturally beginning to make search party groups and splintering off in their own directions.

Following behind Tsuyu, Jirou called after to whoever would listen, "We'll go and see if he's anywhere near his elementary school," A small group made up of Shouji, Gina, Kaminari, and Bakugou shadowing her.

 Having been taking mental notes of where the others in the class had planned on searching, Midoriya nodded off in their direction, "Right! Let us know if you guys find anything!"

Tailing behind with Kaminari, Kirishima waved as a way to be more easily seen in the dimming light of the street lamps above. "We will, Midoriya!"

"Yeah! He couldn't have gotten far!" Though Kaminari's words of comfort were directed toward me. He and every noise surrounding the busy scene of students had faded into the background.

Standing at the mouth of what seemed to be hundreds of different paths, I could feel the tips of my fingers begin to go numb. The scenarios of what sidewalk he might have used, or what road he may have crossed all pilling around me as I stood in place.

'How am I supposed to know where he'd go in a city this big? We don't have any family members for him to run off to...and all the friends Grandma had all live in that nursing home near the hospital,'

"You all should be back in your dorms," Exiting the school grounds, Mr. Aizawa's cold tone caught the attention of the remaining class. Principal Nezu accompanying him as he looked over the students on top of his spot perched on Aizawa's Shoulder. "Missing student or not, we don't need any more of you getting lost."

'The hospital is so far away- he wouldn't try and go there, right?'  

As a passing car turned near the end of the block, my eyes fell on its back tire as it ran overtop of a tattered piece of litter. The corners bent under the pressure as it was folded down by the weight of the vehicle. The edges only sprang back up after the car passed by.

Though, my initial reaction had been to turn away. My eyes were quick to find their way back to the small square of flattened paper. Seeing its corners only just now beginning the soak in the thin coating of melted snow that had glistened on top of the roads, the item had to have been recently left behind.

"Pros in the area have already been alerted as to what is going on. So until I get back with the others, you are all ordered to stay inside until told otherwise. Is that clear?"

With my legs already pulling me ahead of my thoughts, it had gone unnoticed as I made my way down the sidewalk. Eyes glued to the thin paper that laid in the middle of the four-way stop.

Having only gotten halfway towards the object, it wasn't long before Aizawa's voice called my name. 

"L/n, this doesn't exclude you."

Sensing the teacher's growing frustration, Nezu lowered himself to the ground. Taking it upon himself to try and redirect the conversations growing tensions, "Please realize that we understand that you are all very close to young L/n. But as of the moment, the best course of action is to keep the rest of you safe and accounted for,"

Even if what they had said was recognized, my eyes only glanced toward the road. Checking if the lanes had been clear before my pace had picked up. The smear of ink on the blank paper becoming more clear the closer I had gotten.