The Exam

Not gonna lie. I had no idea how to not make Y/n third wheel these two. Like deadass looked at this chapter for a week straight trying to figure out how to make it not so one-sided. So have this. I'm sorry XDD There will be more fluffy moments with you and Shoto soon I promise.

-L/n's POV-

Hearing as Ojiro's and Iida's exam had ended with an expected passing grade, I froze slightly, feeling my nerves spike.

Todoroki stood, turning to me and Momo, "It's our turn now. Let's go,"

"Right," Giving Todoroki a firm nod, I walked to his side, only to turn back around and see the smartest girl on our class deep in thought. "Momo? Are you alright?"

The raven-haired girl's head perked up, a small gasp coming from her lips.

"What's wrong, are you nervous?"

"Oh. No"

"To be honest I'm pretty nervous myself. I mean we all have a right to be seeing as we are fighting actual pro heroes,"

"It's okay, with our opponent I don't blame you, but don't worry. I have a plan in mind for us."

"Great, cause I am stumped on what to do," I laughed lightly trying to ease the tension of the exams. Momo began to speak before the buzzer went off.

'Team Todoroki, L/n, and Yaoyorozu. Practical Exam. Ready? Go!'

"You two, follow me," Todoroki began to run off, Momo and I following him as we made our way around the city block. "Yaoyorozu! Listen, I want you to keep making small objects. When you stop being able to it means Mr. Aizawa's close by. L/n Keep an out for anything that might seem suspicious,"

"Got it!"

"Our success depends on which one of us finds the other first. once we spot him, I'll draw him to me. Then you two can run to the escape gate and win this thing for us. Just stay close to me until then."

Looking over to Yaoyorozu my eyes furrowed as I watch her face fall.

"Come on, hurry up and start making thing-"Hearing Todoroki's demand I cut him off.

"-Um I can do it! I could use my fire and make a dull flame in my palm. That way if we get into a bind Yaoyorozu could save her energy to let us make a quick escape. And both me and you have fire quirks Todoroki, so it would be more practical if I were to use my quirk since we have more than one source of fire at our disposal," Igniting a flame in my palm I showed an example of what I had meant, as Todoroki pondered on the offer, I gave a quick smirk to Momo, her eyes softening as I did so.

"Alright, that'll work to I suppose. Just let me know if you notice your quirk acting strangely at all."

The three of us began to run once again, The flame in my hand being protected from the wind by the makeshift shield I had made with the opposite hand as we ran.

"I'd expect nothing less from the two of you," Momo started capturing my attention, distracting me from my flame for a moment.

"What do you mean?" Todoroki

"Well, Todoroki was able to come up with a plan to use against Mr. Aizawa so quickly. You knew exactly what was best as soon as we started and L/n thought out a more strategy winning way so we would use all our resources to our advantage."

"This is nothing,"

"Pft! Says you Todoroki! I used all my two brain cells to come up with my idea back there!"

Yaoyozoru had slowed her pace coming to a stop, causing me to ease my actions.

"No, you're wrong, as students who got into UA through recommendation, Todoroki and I started from the same place. But in terms of the practical skills a hero needs, I haven't really managed to do anything that stands out. During the cavalry battle, I just followed Todoroki's orders. And then when it was my turn to fight, I failed before I could do anything," Hearing Yayorozus words, I sighed sadly.