Birthday Troubles

I've literally checked eight times to make sure that this chapter is supposed to be the next one, and I am still convinced that it is somehow going to mess up the flow between my own plot timeline and the original.

Here's to hoping I won't do that. TwT

I just wrote half of this chapter and deleted it all because I didn't like it. O-O

TRIGGER WARNING: Could be Slightly graphic/ mentions of not breathing

Enjoy~ (OwO)/

-Y/n's POV-

Waiting patiently outside of Mikoto's school, I read the text that Uraraka had sent, smiling slightly to myself as I looked over to Shoto, who stood beside me.

"Ochako just texted me saying she found the ballons I had gotten for MIkoto's party," I informed, placing my phone inside my jacket pocket, the cold weather nipping at the tips of my fingers as Shoto kept his hand in mine. Sighing to myself, I thought out loud, "I still need to get a gift for the secret Santa thing this weekend." I mumbled, "Did you get something yet?" I questioned, looking towards the blue and gray-eyed boy.

"Not for the Secret Santa thing, no," He answered, glancing down at our intertwined hands, thumb gracing over the back of my palm, "You're hands are really warm in this weather." He commented, a pink hue gracing my cheeks.

Letting out a shy laugh, I gave his hand a gentle squeeze, "That's probably because you're holding me with your right hand. Your body temperature on the right is usually a little colder than your left." I explained, Shoto's brow furrowing slightly at the observation.

"I never noticed," He spoke, eyes now falling towards his opposite hand before sparring me a concerned glance, "Do you want me to switch hands? It's cold out today so if you would like my other hand, I wouldn't mind," He questioned.

Feeling his hand try to disconnect from my own, I tightened my grip gently pulling his hand back to my side, "No, it's alright Sho," I waved off, "It doesn't matter to me which hand I hold." Feeling heat rise to my cheeks, I averted my eyes down to my feet, slightly embarrassed, "Just...as long as it's your hands, then I don't mind,"

Giving the boy a wary glance, His eyes met mine, slightly opened wide in surprise before he looked away. Swallowing the lump in his throat he let out a soft, "R-right,"

Hearing the school doors open, my attention was torn from Shoto as all the young kids came running out of their school and towards their parents and family members, Mikoto doing the same as he ran up to Shoto and me, his schoolbag barely able to keep the empty cupcake tray in his bag.

"How was school?" I questioned, leading the boy off towards the bustling city, Shoto following alongside me before taking the tray out of Mikoto's bag, placing it within in his own, much larger, bag.

"It was good! Everyone liked the cupcakes and then my teacher gave me an All Might eraser!" He beamed, skipping ahead of us, not noticing how the three of us were not walking towards the train station.

Smiling to myself, I hummed, "Well, you should thank Sato for helping you bake those cupcakes when we get back to the dorms,"

"I will!" Mikoto beamed, turning back around before stopping, finally realizing this wasn't the way to the train. "Where are we going?" He questioned, falling back between Shoto and me, too afraid to stray ahead of us in the busy streets.

"Well, since it's someone's birthday, I thought the three of us could go to the mall for some ice cream," I  spoke, the younger boy's eyes brightening as he began to pull me, urging me to walk faster. Laughing, I pulled back against him, snow beginning to fall around us. "Wait a minute- no running!"