Breathing Exercises

TW: Panic Attacks and Falling off of a building!!

Again (;ಠ◡ಠ)

-Y/n's POV-

Listening quietly to Tsu's story about her younger siblings, I took another bite of my lunch, eyes looking beside me seeing her finger press against her chin as she recalled the memory.

"In the end though, the scary monster just turned out to be a stray cat, Ribbit." She explained, Midoriya's kind smile stretching as he listened.

"Oh, wow. All of that over a cat?" He laughed softly, Iida and Ochako joining in on the conversation as well.

Across the table, I could feel Shoto's eyes watching me nervously. Seeing as I had made it a point to instead sit at the other end of the table. Away from him.

Ignoring his stare, I went back to my bowl of curry. Between running late and today's training exercises, I felt tired. The aching feeling from sleeping on the bathroom floor still somehow making an appearance in my neck and back.

Taking a bite of my food, my attention was quickly pulled away from both my food and Iida's similar story with his older brother.

"Oh my god, you're lying," A girl's voice spoke, her hazel eyes flickering over to our table as she and two others sat at their own.

"Apparently they've been dating for a while," The brunette next to her informed. My eyes lifting from my food in curiosity.

Seeing the third girl shove her friend, she whispered harshly at the two of them, "Would you two be quiet! What if they hear you?"

Furrowing my brow slightly, I looked back to the others, no one else seeming to notice the three girls.

"No, they won't," The dark-haired girl waved off, her eyes looking back to our table, "Besides, even if they did it's not like they'd do anything about it. Todoroki would be a gentleman and not say anything,"

Hearing Shoto's name my ears perked up, suddenly more interested in their conversation.

"Yeah but, what about L/n? You realize she beat the crap out of that one boy that got expelled, right? She has connections to every teacher in this school, why else would he get expelled and not her?" The worried girl spoke, the third eye on her forehead glancing at me nervously as she spoke with her friend.

"Please, even if she wanted to she couldn't touch me," The taller girl waved, "I heard she's one fight away from being expelled. If she gets kicked out of here she can't live in the dorms and she and her weird annoying brother get kicked into the streets,"

Leaning towards their friend in the middle, the brown-eyed girl continued to watch me, "You think that's why she's dating Todoroki? He's gotta be loaded since his dad became the number one hero,"

"Well, why else would she date him Karra? Look at the two of them, it's no wonder no one figured it out they were dating until just now. They don't even sit by each other, let alone hold hands or other couple stuff. The only way she's keeping him from leaving is probably guilt-tripping everyone around her about having to take care of her brother. News flash, no one gives a shit,"

Hearing the three talk, I could feel my hand flex against my spoon. My leg unconsciously began to bounce as I tried to steady my breathing.

"L/n?" Midoriya spoke, my attention turning to him, not missing the worried look he gave me, "Is everything alright? You...you seem a little off toda-"

Being cut off by my phone ringing, I sighed tiredly pulling the device from my gym pants pocket. Looking at the number, I could feel another weight suddenly come crashing down seeing the contact name.