Out Of Hand

The next chapter is gonna be fun ^u^

-Y/n's POV-

Feeling the ambulance come to a quick stop, I watched as the group of paramedics rushed the gurney toward the back doors of the emergency room. Doctors and nurses from inside the building coming out to meet them halfway.

Pulling a small light out of his front pocket, an older man watched carefully as Mikoto's eyes reacted to the light. His face twisting as he listened closely to the paramedics run down of what they had learned in the time it took to get here.

"His LOC doesn't look good. He's been in and out of consciousness since we picked him up," 

Following after them, my eyes stayed on Mikoto as his head swayed lazily. His eyes were half closed while he struggled to figure out what was happening around us.

In all honesty, I couldn't blame him. It was hard enough to understand with how fast everything was happening. It didn't help that whenever the doctors spoke, it sounded like a foreign language.

After trying to listen to the paramedics on the way here, I came to the understanding that almost none of what they said was good news. And with how hectic things seemed, it wasn't long before I began to tune their voices out.

Stepping inside the hospital, it wasn't long before a hand reached out to stop me in my tracks. My eyes widened slightly seeing the others continue off with Mikoto.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but you're gonna have to wait out here while the doctors work,"

Glancing towards the woman, my lips thinned into a hard line. My eyes went back towards Mikoto as he disappeared into a new set of doors. The busy atmosphere behind them showing for only a second as the doors closed behind them.

Shaking my head, my voice came out strained, "No, you don't understand. That's my little brother- I need to be back there with him,"

Leading me away from the lobby's entrance, The younger woman's voice stayed calm, "I understand that this is stressful, but having an extra body in the room can make the doctor's job difficult,"

Stopping near a line of seats in the waiting room, her hand gave my forearm a gentle squeeze. A smile directed towards me as I kept my eyes on the back doors, "Once your brother is in stable condition, a nurse will come out to get you,"

With a gruff cough, an older man's voice spoke. His tone was harsh as he called after the nurse in front of me, "Who the hell do I have to kill to get a glass of water around this place, huh?"

Sighing in slight annoyance, the woman still smiled as she tried keeping her attention on me, "For now, you are welcome to sit out here and wait. If you need anything just let us know, okay Sweetheart?"

Turning to attend to the other patient, I was left standing alone.

Unsure of what to do, I stood there. Eyes scanning around the vacant waiting room. Watching silently as the few others who sat around me went on with their time here.

Stepping backward, my arms folded themselves into my chest. A stuttered breath shook out of me as my vision began to blur. The mere smell of this place churned my stomach as inched closer to the wall behind me.

Hearing the swinging doors push themselves open, my nerves spiked seeing a Doctor search the waiting room in front of him. My shoulders tensing as his eyes met mine.

But as he turned his attention down to another row of seats, his expression lit up finding the small family of three he had been looking for. The mother's smile growing as her and her two kids stood. Quick to gather their things and follow the medical professional behind the doors he had just ventured from.