Shadows

"Ugh, I am not looking forward to training for the sports festival, and on top of that I have to stay after school to get my basic readings down for my record," I groaned, as Gina and I made our way to the lunchrooms. "I mean, yeah I understand the whole gotta catch up to the class part but I was enrolled here only a week after school began. How much stuff did you guys do actually?" Walking into the cafeteria I looked over my shoulder my eyes meeting Gina's slumped and fidgeting figure.

"Gina?" Reaching my hand out towards her, she looked up at me with a seemingly forced smile on her lips.

"Yeah, I get what you're saying! Just keep your head up and everything will be fine!" She yelled, her voice in a panic as she rushed towards the lunch line.

Standing in place I watched as the brunette continued to fidget in line.

She must still be bummed out from that date, huh? 

Shaking the feeling off, I made my way to a rather empty table, the lack of students sitting at the lunch tables was mostly due to the fact that most kids had hot lunch.

Unwrapping the f/c cloth from around my bento box, I lifted the lid revealing the Udon my grandmother had prepared the evening before. Taking the pair of chopsticks that sat lazily next to the lid, I broke them, the snap of the wood reaching my ears.

Taking a glob of Udon between my chopsticks, I felt the table shift slightly, causing my gaze to shift upwards.

Huge green hues met mine, as yet another presence was felt on the left side of my seat.

Another pair of eyes, this time being a familiar hazel, came into a contrast of my e/c ones. These sudden actions causing heat to rise in my cheeks as I was just randomly approached by two of my classmates that I have barely spoken to.

"Did you guys need something?" I asked, my mind fizzing out of reasoning.

"No, not really L/n-Chan! We just wanted to sit with you, and ya know to get to know you more!" Ochako spoke giddily, her fingertips connecting together save her extended pinkies.

"And I wanted to know more about your quirk! It seemed a lot like the hero Endeavor!" Midoriya spoke, his name seems to come up a lot during classes. My eyes widened slightly at the mention of my favorite hero.

"Really?! Oh! He's definitely my favorite hero! His quirk is so similar and I used some of his techniques from TV to help me during my entrance exam! I think he's really cool the way he comes off as a calm and collected hero, but really is an indisputable badass- EH! " Realizing my never-ending rambling, I covered my burning face with my hands, the embarrassment creating a small amount of smoke to emit from my hunched over form, "I can't believe I just said all that~" I wined, not daring to make eye contact with my two classmates.

"Oh! Don't worry L/n-chan! We don't mind! Everyone has some kind of idol in their lives! Besides, I think its kinda cute the way you let out actual steam when embarrassed!" Ochako comforted, her hand reaching to rub my back but ultimately stopped mid-action due to the intense heat that radiated through my school uniform.

 Peeking through my fingers I noticed how Midoriya had his nose in a notebook, the pencil in his handwriting fiercely and small mumbling coming from behind the tablet of paper. The sight causing me to unintentionally change the subject currently at hand.

"What are you writing?" I asked, remembering the lunch that sat patiently in front of me. Shoving a handful into my mouth greedily as Midoriya stopped his continues mumbles.

"Well, It's my Qui...quirk book. I write about dif-different quirks and how they work," He explained.

"That's pretty cool actually. are you just starting to do it, that notebook looks fairly new," I noted, causing a small drip mark to form on Midoriya's brow.

"N-no, not exactly. I've gone through at least ten notebooks," My eyes widened at his statement.

"Page to page?!" I choked, my bewilderment at the boy's obvious interest evident in my slightly raised voice.

"Yea-yeah?"

"That is freaking awesome! I wish I was that committed into quirk studies as you are! That would actually come in handy for hero work, wouldn't it? That way you know some potential weaknesses in your opponent and their quirk!" I thought of all the possibilities and perks of having a notebook filled with rather diverse sets of quirks.

As Midoriya spoke once more, a certain Brunette caught my eye. She walked out of the lunch line, her form still a little jumpy as she beelined her way to the cafeteria doors, tossing her newly bought lunch in the trash on her way out.

Raising an eyebrow in concern, I noticed as she looked behind her as if checking if someone was following her. My suspicions began to rise as she seemingly ducked behind the wall, her shadow still showing her presence. After a moment of Gina not doing anything but standing in place, another shadow made itself evident. The dark shadow hard to make out any distinct features, but from the figure, you could tell it was an older girl, her hair long and seemingly poker straight.

Staring at the two shadows, I couldn't think of any student in the class that resembled the shadow's silhouette. Suddenly, the shadow changed.

The once fringed hair morphed into matching buns, the same UA uniform changing into a foreign school uniform.

"L/n-chan?" Snapping my attention back to the pink-cheeked girl next to me, I saw a concern flash go through her sparkly hues. "Is everything alright?"

"Um," Taking a daring glance back at the entrance I noted how the shadow figures were gone. Gina and the mystery figure had disappeared, causing an uneased feeling run down my spine. "Yeah," I spoke, shaking off the feeling. " Just thinking about how I'm gonna do on my basics today after school,"