Hundred and Twenty

Three Months Later

The first thing that Lili noticed when she woke up was the house was full of tension. The moment she walked in to see Alfie having a meeting with Ollie, and some of his close men having a meeting she knew something was off.

"You okay?" She asked, as small creases formed on her forehead as she frowned.

Alfie turned his head away from his men, his eyes harsh. "Everything is fine love, why don't you get yourself something to eat". He answered. He turned his head away to look out the window.

Lili's eyebrow raised, her head turning to look at Ollie and the rest of the men. She didn't say anything as she turned around and walked out of the room.

Lili sent a small smile towards one of the maids as she stepped into the kitchen. She knew Alfie was lying and hiding something from her. He was acting like the old Alfie, the one she first met in Camden Town. After making herself a cup of tea, she sat down. Her eyes were set in Alfie's office door.

It felt like an eternity, but finally, the door opened. One by one the men walked out. The last was Ollie, the one person Lili was waiting for. He shut the door behind him and ran his fingers through his hair.

Lili stood up and stood in the doorway. She cleared her throat and nodded her head for Ollie to come to her. She walked over to the counter and leaned her body on it, her eyes on Ollie as he slowly walked towards her.

"Hello". He said softly.

"What was that in there?" She asked, her arms crossed.

Ollie let out a small laugh as he shook his head. "Always straight to the point". He muttered. He looked up and clenched his lips together at the sight of Lili's face.

Lili now placed her hands on her hips, her eyebrow raised. "Shut the door and sit down". She said, her voice stern. Ollie let out a small sigh, but did as he was told.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" She asked. Ollie nodded his head and watched as she made the tea. He needed to make up a lie and fast. His brain was so messed, he didn't know lie to use.

"Well?" Lili asked, as she placed the mug in front of Ollie. She sat across from him, holding her own mug in her hands.

"Well, what?" He asked, as he took a sip of his tea.

"Don't get cheeky with me Ollie, you know exactly what I'm talking about". Lili snapped.

"I don't think I should be the one to tell you, Lili". He whispered, his eyes shifting to the table.

"Why? Because Alfie is your boss? Are you all scared he'll lose his temper like the old days?" I'm his wife Ollie. I want to know why for the past four days my husband has been distant with not only me, but our son. I want to know why he lies in bed at night, not being able to sleep. Please...Ollie just tell me. Is it bad? Have I done something wrong? Is he in trouble? Is he in danger?" She asked. She leaned forwards, her eyes desperate.

"Fuck sake". Ollie muttered under his breath. He leaned forward and let out a sigh. "Have you ever heard of someone called Anthony Fox?" He asked.

Lili shook her head, a small frown on her face. Ollie nodded, his tongue ran over his lips before continuing. "A few years ago, before he met you and the Shelby's, he was at war with Fox. He wanted to take over everything that Alfie owned, and a huge war broke out. In result, loads of people died. Fox lost his brother, and I lost mine. He chose to betray us, and join Fox. This war was getting worse and worse, and they eventually came to a truce. Word is, he's back in Camden now. He's heard that Alfie is dead, he's attempting to take over Camden Town for himself. Now people who work closely to Alfie, know he's still alive that's why he's still in charge, only people don't know that. Fox is trying to convince Alfie's men to join him, allow him to take over. He's given them a warning, join or he will kill everyone. He's already got, three men". He muttered.

Lili sat back in her seat, her frown getting bigger. She didn't know what to say, what could she even say.

"I think you should leave now Ollie, you've got that job to do for me". Alfie muttered from the doorway. Lili and Ollie both turned their heads to look at Alfie. He didn't look too pleased, his arms were crossed and he was standing in a certain way that Lili immediately knew he was pissed off.

Lili watched as Ollie whispered something into Alfie's ear before nodding his head at Lili. They were left alone in the kitchen, neither of them speaking.

Alfie stood there, his eyes on where Ollie was just sat. His eyes finally drifted up to meet Lili's. He turned around and shut the door behind him. Lili could see the muscles tensing in his back.

"What where you and Ollie talking about?" He asked.

Lili stood up and collected the two mugs. "Just stuff, nothing major. I'm going to check on Freddie". She answered.

Lili let out a gasp as Alfie grabbed her arm, stopping her from walking out. He pulled her down into her chair again, his head shaking. "No. You're not going anywhere. Now, what were you and Ollie talking about? And don't lie to me this time, because I heard everything". He whispered.

Lili looked up at him, her lips slightly poured. "Anthony Fox". She replied.

Alfie nodded his head and let go of her arm. "I told him to not to say anything to you, but you guilt-tripped him. He's got a soft spot for you. I hope you know that. Thinks you can help". He muttered.

Lili looked up at Alfie as he turned his back to her once again. "I can help you, Alfie". She whispered.

He shook his head as he let out a little laugh. "You really can't. He's everything you hate in a man, and with your attitude, you'll get yourself killed. No...no I'll sort it". He responded.

Lili stood up, her small hands touching Alfie's back. "Alfie....we are husband and wife. We are a team. For you, I will hold back on the attitude. Let me help you". She said.

Alfie turned around to look at her, his eyes soft. He grabbed her face and let out a sigh. "As if you think you did something wrong. You could never do anything wrong in my eyes. I'm...I'm sorry for being distant with you and Fred...it's just...he's a bad man, and I lost good men to him". He muttered.

Lili smiled sadly as she placed her hands over his. "Why didn't you come to me? You know I'm always here". She whispered.

"I didn't want to scare you". He whispered back.

Lili let out a little laugh as she shook her head. "I'm always scared for you Alfie. We will stand by each other and we will stop him, I promise you. Just tell me what you need me to do". She said.

Alfie took a deep breath, before kissing her softly. "I love you". He whispered.

"I love you too". Lili whispered back as she deepened the kiss.