Eighty

Lili returned to John's and smiled widely when she saw him outside waiting for her. "Johnny". She squealed as she wrapped his arms around him.

He smiled and lifted her up, spinning her around. "Well, how was Birmingham?" He asked.

Lili sighed and shook her head. "Polly has changed so much Johnny. Ada is down there now, looking after her, and Michael. I'm just glad to be back up here with you". She answered.

He let her go and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "Did you see Tommy?" He asked.

Lili sighed and wrapped her arm around his waist. "No, I didn't. Michael has been telling me he's been getting on well all by himself. Up in London most of the time. Still in that massive estate of his". She answered.

John sighed and shook his head as he led her into the house. Lili rolled her eyes when she looked at Esme. She was standing in the doorway of the sitting room, glaring at Lili and John.

"You must be starving. Left some dinner for you". John said, as he led her towards the kitchen, away from his glaring wife.

Lili sighed when she sat down, her eyes on John's back. "If me being here Johnny is too much work for you, I really don't mind going". She whispered.

John shook his head and turned around, placing her plate down on the table. "Nonsense, I love having you here. The house is in my name, I can choose who lives here and who doesn't". He said.

He sat across from her and smiled softly. "I really have missed you". He muttered.

Lili smiled and grabbed his hand. "I missed you too". She whispered.

She picked up her fork and ate her dinner, her left hand still in John's as they talked.

They mainly talked about old times, what they got up to as kids, memories that neither of them would forget.

"Your room is how you left it, I put fresh sheets on your bed". John said.

Lili smiled up at him and stood up. She walked behind him and wrapped her arms around his neck. "What would I ever do without you?" She asked, kissing his cheek softly.

John smiled and turned his head to look at her. "I could think of a few things" He muttered, a smirk on his face.

Lili smiled and let out a sigh. "I'm not being dramatic, but I don't think I could continue with living if I didn't have you around anymore Johnny". She whispered.

She went to give his cheek another kiss, but their lips found each other instead, as John turned his head to look at her.

Lili froze when their lips connected, her eyes shutting. All the feelings she had for John when she was younger came flooding back.

John turned around in his seat, and wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her closer. Lili's arms wrapped around John's neck as she leaned into his body, their kiss deepening.

Lili's heart was torn. She loved John, but she loved Alfie too.

The next day came, and it was Christmas Eve. Lili and John didn't talk about the kiss as breakfast. Esme sat down at the table, already drinking as she glared at John and Lili.

They both made there way outside with the dogs, to do some shooting.

John licked his bottom lip and looked up at the sky, firing his shotgun. Lili was sitting on the wall, looking up at the sky.

"About yesterday". John muttered, turning around to look at Lili. She looked down at him and nodded her head, her eyes soft.

"Lili.....I don't want to deny my feelings for you anymore. I've been in love with you, the moment I met you. You know my feelings for you are true, don't you?" He asked.