Twenty Nine

Lili pouted as she wrapped her arms around her body. It was cold outside, and the coldness hit her through her white, cotton dress. She was waiting at the docks for the men to arrive. She turned her head as three boats, full of men pulled up. The distinctive red hair of Billy Kitchen let her know it was the Black Country boys. The third boat belonged to the Peaky Blinders.

"All right boys, let's go to work". Billy shouted.

Lili nodded at all the men who passed her. "Up the stairs there". She said.

She stood beside Billy and shook his hand. "Good to see you again Billy". She said.

"Good to see you too Lili". He muttered.

"Move". Billy shouted as he clapped his hands.

Lili smiled and shook all the Peaky Blinders hands as they passed.

Lili sighed and followed the men. Once inside she slammed the doors shut behind her, all the men where queing up.

"Some rules before you go in there gentlemen. If Mr Solomons asks you a question you answer honeslty and with respect, no fucking smart answers alright. Don't piss him off because if you piss him off, he will most likely knock you out or kill you and I'm not going to stop him. You are all replaceable okay. Remember that? But you are also men. Men that are doing this for a good cause. So, the best of luck gentlemen". She said.

She turned around and looked at all of them. "My name is Lilith Thorne for those that don't know me. Just a word of advice it's not just Mr Solomons you need to fear, its me too". She said. She nodded at all of them and entered the room.

She stood beside Alfie, her eyes on the door. It had felt like hours, Alfie repeating the same thing, over and over again to the men.

"Next lad". Ollie shouted.

Lili was now sitting down after complaining about her feet.

She looked at the man who walked in. He was small and large around the stomach.

"Name". Alfie muttered.

"Abbey Heath". He relied.

"Profession?" Alfie asked.

"Baker". Heath replied.

Lili handed Alfie a sheet of paper. He threw it on the table towards Abbey.

"Good lad. Fill it out and fuck off". He muttered.

Lili watched as Ollie threw him an apron.

"Next lad". Ollie shouted.

"Name?" Alfie asked. He was obviously bored.

"Buddy Halls". He answered.

"Profession?" Alfie asked.

"Baker". Halls answered.

"Good lad. Fill it out and fuck off". Alfie muttered.

Once Halls was out the room, Lili turned to Alfie. "You've literally told everyone to fuck off. Is this how you usually treat people in interviews?" She asked, a smirk on her face.