Ninety One

Lili and Tommy both stood beside each other, their rifles in their hands. They both looked up the stairs as they heard movement and talking. "Want me to go up and check?" She asked. Tommy licked his bottom lip, and looked up at the stairs again.

"No...no it will be okay". He answered. Lili nodded her head and turned to look out the window again. She smiled as Tommy handed her over a cigarette, lighting it up for her. "Thank you". She whispered, as she inhaled the smoke.

"Buy yourself bacon here! Ribs, cheek and tongue". Johnny shouted out. Lili's eyes drifted down to look at him. Isiah stood beside him, making Lili snort. "And your trotter. Ribs, tongue and cheek huh?" He asked.

Lili shook her head and looked at Tommy. "He was made for this job wasn't he?" She asked. Tommy smiled and nodded his head, his eyes scanning the area. She flicked the ash away, and took a deep breath.

A few minutes had passed and nothing had happened. "Remember when we were kids and we dated for a week?" Tommy asked, a small smirk on his face.

Lili let out a laugh as she nodded her head. "I remember. Arthur laughed for hours didn't he, saying that John was going to be angry when he found out. He was, didn't talk to either of us for that entire week". She answered, a wide smile on her face.

She turned to look at Tommy and frowned. "How come we broke up again?" She asked.

Tommy smirked and turned to look at her. "You cheated on me by kissing John". He answered. Lili burst out laughing as she nodded her head.

"Oh I remember. Freddie was so mad when he found out we were dating. That's it, you we're both fighting over that girl. And to get back at him, you asked me out. I loved winding him up". She said, smiling softly.

"I think Ada was madder at me for the fact that I kissed her best friend". He muttered, a smirk still on his face.

"Oh no, she was angry at me. I remember it so well now. She was like, how dare you kiss my brother and how dare you still get a kiss before me. I remember when she found out I first kissed John, I swore she was going to hit me". She said, laughing at the memories.

Lili smiled and gently trailed her fingers down Tommy's arm. "I miss those days. Where we were all carefree and had no worries". She whispered.

Tommy smiled and nodded his head. "I miss them too". He muttered. His eyes trailed down to look at Johnny.

"At threepence for the four. Huh?" Johnny asked.

Lili leaned on the wall, looking out at the road. Her eyes would drift to Johnny and Isiah, every now and then. But she was alert, looking out.

Lili tapped Tommy's arm as a car pulled up in the alleyway. Tommy was already looking at it. He whistled down at Johnny and Isiah. They both looked as the car pulled up, there hands reaching for the guns that were underneath the cloths. They looked up at Tommy and Lili for a moment, looking back at the car again.

A man got out of the car, leaning against it as he lighted his cigarette. Tommy raised his hand for a moment. m

"Tommy....this isn't right". She whispered.

Tommy ignored her as he watched the car, his hand still raised.

"Tommy it's a trap". Lili said, her voice was raised now. Her eyes landed on a little girl as she ran out, waving a white cloth in the air. Tommy and Lili both raised their rifles, watching as the car backed up.

"Now Johnny fire". Tommy shouted. Lili watched as Isiah and Johnny, both shot at the car.

"It's a fucking decoy. Bring the car around now".  Tommy shouted.

"Tommy". Lili muttered, as she grabbed his arm. "It's been a whole trap this entire time. Who's the one person we're not protecting right now?" She asked.

"Michael". He answered. They both ran down the stairs, their rifles in their hands