Hundred and nine

Lili was finally sent home. She walked into the house, with Arthur right behind her. "It's okay Artie, I can walk". She said, letting out a little laugh.

"I know, but the doctor said to take it easy". He said softly. He helped her down into her seat, lifting her feet up into a stool. She let out a little giggle as he threw a blanket around her.

"Wish I had this treatment when I was carrying Freddie". Ada jokes as she walked in through the kitchen with a cup of tea in her hand. She smiled down at Lili, and handed it over to her.

"Glad your feeling better Lili". Finn muttered as he kissed her cheek softly. Lili smiled up at him and took a sip from her tea.

"I'll be okay guys really". She said, as they all stood around her.

"I know but......". Arthur was cut off as Polly walked in.

"She needs rest and peace. She doesn't need you lot hanging around her". She said. She smiled down at Lili and kissed her forehead. "Now go. You need to get to the shop". She ordered.

Polly sat with her for most of the day. Lili was reading, whilst Polly was sowing. "I'm gonna head to bed if that's okay dear?" She asked. Lili smiled and nodded her head, putting her book down.

"You'll be okay getting up to bed won't you?" Polly asked.

Lili smiled. "Of course I will Pol. Might stay up for a little bit and finish this chapter". She answered.

When Polly went to bed, she opened her book again, but found her eyes getting more and more tired. They eventually shut, the book falling from her hands.

Her eyes shot open as she heard the phone ringing. She frowned and looked at her watch, it was half twelve. Lili sighed as she got up, waddling over to the phone. "Hello". She said, letting out a yawn.

"Lili? Oh thank God, I tried calling the others, but they must all be asleep. It's Tommy, he'd gone a bit mad. Charles went into his room, and he was on the ground, his papers all over him, a bottle in his hand. He's out of his head drunk right now". Frances cried.

Lili leaned on the table and sighed. "It's okay Frances. I'll be over okay? Is he hurt?" She asked.

"I...I don't know". Frances answered.

"Okay. I'll be over now okay". Lili said. She put down the phone and slipped into her shoes. She grabbed her coat, and car keys and left the house.

She hadn't seen Tommy in the those three months, and she was nervous. But he was still like a brother to her, no matter what, and she needed to be there for him.

Lili ran out of her car and rushed to the doors. She opened them and looked at Frances. "He's in there". She whispered.

Lili nodded and shook her head as she opened the door. She had no idea why he was doing this, but the moment she stepped inside, her eyes softened as she looked at him. He was sitting on the floor, his head in his hands.

Lili walked over to him, and knelt on the ground. She took a deep breath before sitting beside him. "You know, you could have found a more comfortable place to do this you know". She asked, her hands on her stomach.

Tommy didn't look up at her, but she could see his body starting to shake as he was silently crying. Lili wrapped her arm around him and smiled sadly. "Tommy....what's wrong?" She asked.

He finally looked up at her, his eyes bloodshot. "I...I heard it. I heard the war again in my head". He answered.

She let out a small sigh, as she ran her hands down his cheeks, wiping away his tears. "Hey.....hey, it's okay. Your home now Tom. You've been home for a while". She whispered.

She smiled sadly and kissed his nose. "Let's get you to bed yeah? Then tomorrow, we can start on getting inside that head of yours eh?" She asked, wrapping her arm around his waist. She turned her head and smiled sadly as Cyril came in, his tail wagging.

"The baby?" Tommy asked, his eyes filling with tears again. Lili had only ever seen Tommy in a state like this, once before. When the men returned from the war, he broke down and she had to try and mend the pieces back together again.

"Is okay, it was just stress that's all. I'll be okay, and he's a strong little boy". She whispered.

She brought him up to him room, and put him down on his bed. "I'm so sorry Lili, I really am". He whispered as he looked up at her.

Lili sighed as she sat on his bed, making sure he was tucked in. "It's....it's hard Tom, it really is. I really did love him, and then you killed him. But I understand why you did it. It's going to take me a while to forgive and forget, but.....we have been through a lot in our lives together, and I'm too old to be holding grudges". She said.

She gave him a small smile, and placed a kiss on his forehead. "Get some sleep Tom, and then tomorrow is another day and we can have a good talk". She whispered.

Lili stepped out of the room, and made her way to one of the spare rooms. She kicked off her shoes, and lay down. Her eyes immediately shutting as she fell asleep.