Twenty One

Lili walked into the newly furnished Garrison. Her eyebrow was raised as she looked around.

"I'm impressed". She said to Tommy. He turned around and smiled at her.

"You okay?" He asked.

She smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah. I'm better then yesterday". She answered. He nodded and licked his bottom lip. "Take a seat Lili, I want to talk business with you". He said.

She smiled and sat down on the stool. She placed her bag into the counter and crossed her left leg over her right. She turned to look at him and smiled.

Tommy slid over a whisky to her and cleared his throat. "In two day's time I am meeting a man called Billy Kitchen. He's from the Black Country, we thought in the war together. I'm going to meet him, to get him to form a brigade of men. You will be taking thirty Peaky men, whilst he takes seventy. He will be in charge of the men. You will be in charge of Billy and the men okay? He will report to you if there are any problems and then you will sort them. Anything major, you can talk to Solomons. I don't trust Solomons completely so keep your eyes and ears open. Your the only one I can trust at the moment. I can't send Arthur to him with the way he is acting, and I need John down here to take over Arthur". He said.

Lili nodded and took a sip from her drink.

"Are you okay working with Alfie? If not I can send up John". He muttered.

"I'll be fine working with him Tommy. You need John down here and you need me up there". She said smiling.

Tommy nodded his head. "Okay good, now I've got a house set up for you. It is literally a twenty minute walk from the bakery, ten if your in a car. You will have men at your door and on the street at night looking after you at all times. If you do want to go out I need you to have someone with you. Now after you we meet Kitchen, I want you to go to Charlie's. From there you will go to Camden Town like we did before. I want you up there first, before Kitchen and our men. You have all numbers if you need us but just in case I wrote them down. I have your number for you flat and I also have Solomons' number too". He said.

She smiled and grabbed the notebook, slipping it into her bag. "But for tonight, I want you to have fun. And I can see you've been eyeing the bar, and John's told me how you miss being behind the bar. So how would you like to work for an hour or two, get the rush over and done with, help the newbies and then join in with us drinking?" He asked.

Lili smiled widely and wrapped her arms around Tommy. "I absolutely love you". She muttered.

She stepped behind the bar and wrapped a fresh apron around her waist. "I've missed this". She said smiling widely.

She was introduced to the new staff. Two women called Amy and Jane, and one boy named Micky.

The doors soon opened and everyone had rushed in.

She smiled at John as she handed him over his drink. "You look stunning love". He said. She smiled up at him and turned her head to see Arthur and Finn walking in. A massive smile was on Arthur's face as he came behind the bar. Long gone was the depressed man she saw earlier.

As Lili poured drinks, Arthur was handing out bottles. She looked up as he stood right beside her. "Ere' you are Lizzie, let me get you a light". He said.