Hundred and Eighteen

Lili found it weird being back in Birmingham. She had only lived in Margate for five months, but being back in her home town felt different.

She held Freddie in her arms as she walked through the graveyard. She smiled at her son as he grabbed a strand of her hair in his little land, his blue eyes peering up at her with curiosity.

"Here we are". She whispered.

She smiled sadly as she knelt down. "This is your uncle Freddie, the man you where names after. He really would have loved you, probably would have acted like you were his own". She said.

Freddie turned his head to look at the grave, his hand reaching out. Lili let out a little laugh as she nodded her head. "Yeah that's right, that's your uncle". She exclaimed.

Lili smiled sadly as she looked at the grave, her beautiful features softening. "I really do miss you Fred. It's still not the same without you. I sometimes wonder what things would be like if you were still around". She whispered.

Lili shut her eyes as a tear slid down her cheek. "Things are slowly getting better. That gaping hole in my chest, it's not getting any better. I don't think it ever will if I'm honest, but each day it's slowly getting better. I don't know what it is, but Alfie....he really does help me. He understands me and loves me. John was the same, I think that the three of you and Tom are the only ones that really understand me. Tommy's okay, well I think he is. He says he is, but I can see the pain in his eyes. Arthurs....well it's Arthur. He's trying to change, but I know it's too hard on him. Finn is so grown up now. I fear that Tom and Arthur see him as John though, and one day he's going to get hurt. Karl has grown so much, he's the spitting image of you". She said, her smile dropping.

"I miss you, Fred". She whispered.

Lili turned her head at her son, a smile spreading across her face again. "I promise I'll try and visit more". She said as she stood up. Lili looked at the grave once more before walking away.

Walking through Small Heath was weird. Lili was once a feared lady, now people looked at her with respect and shock. She walked through the streets like she still owned them, but now with a little boy in her arms.

She pushed the doors of the Garrison open and stepped inside.

"Here she is". Arthur shouted as she walked in. Lili smiled widely and closed the doors behind her.

Ada rushed over and grabbed Freddie from her arms. "Oh, how handsome". She gushed as she looked down at him.

Lili smiled as Tommy handed her a drink. "How are you?" He asked.

Lili nodded her head. "I'm good. Just went to visit Fred and showed off his nephew to him. How are you?" She asked.

Tom gave her a look as he took a sip of his drink. "I'm okay". He answered.

Lili nodded, knowing that was a lie. She decided to not push him on it. She turned to look at Polly as she was now cradling her son. "He's so beautiful Lili". She whispered.

Lili smiled and watched as Arthur grabbed him. He raised him in the air, which made the little boy laugh. Lili laughed too as she watched Arthur dote over her son.

"How's Alfie?" Tommy asked.

Lili nodded and smiled. "He's good...he's in pain some days and then other days he's good. I'm getting to walk on the beach with me every morning to try and get his limbs back in shape. He told me to say hello". She answered.

Tommy nodded and gave her a small smile. "Tell him I said hello too". He muttered.

Finn was the next to hold Freddie, with the help of Ada. Next was Lizzie, and then Charlie.

Everyone gave Lili a look as Curly asked could he hold the boy. Lili stepped forwards and smiled. She grabbed Freddie from Charlie and gently placed him into Curly's arms.

She had complete faith in him, and it showed he wasn't a useless as some people made him out to be. Curly and Freddie instantly clicked as Freddie grabbed his finger, looking up at him with those beautiful curious eyes.

Curly handed her Freddie back. She sat down, bouncing him on her knee.

"So when's the next baby due?" Arthur teased.

Lili gave him a look as she shook her head. "No thank you. One is enough right now". She replied.

Lili smiled as she listened to everyone speak, it was like old times when they didn't worry about the world.

Lili would admit to anyone in a heartbeat that she missed Birmingham and her family. But right now she was missing her real home, which was Margate. Where her Freddie and Alfie were.