Hundred and Twenty Three

one year later

Retired life for Lili was amazing. Her life now consisted of caring for Freddie and living her life with Alfie.

Lili raised an eyebrow as she bit into her toast. She placed down the paper and smiled widely when she heard someone walking into the kitchen. She turned around and let out a little laugh as Alfie came in carrying Freddie in his arms.

"If it isn't my two handsome men". She whispered. grabbing Freddie from Alfie's arms. She leaned forwards, and placed her lips onto Alfie's, smiling into the kiss.

She looked down and gave Freddie a small kiss on the head.

"Want anything to eat?" She asked, as she put Freddie into his seat, her head turning to look at Alfie. "What?" She asked. She let out a little giggle as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into his chest.

"Nothing. Can't I look at my beautiful wife?" He asked. Lili let out a little laugh as she trailed her fingers down his cheek.

He placed his hands on her growing stomach and smiled. "How is she?" He asked.

Lili rolled her eyes as she leaned on the counter. "Moving around like mad. It's like she's going to come out at any second". She answered.

She placed Freddie's breakfast down for him, kissing his head gently. "Thank you, mummy". He answered as he started to eat.

Lili smiled softly and turned to look at Alfie. "How are you feeling?" She asked, her hand grabbing his.

Alfie nodded his head, smiling slightly. "I'm good, just got off the phone from Thomas a few minutes ago, he's invited us all down for Lizzie's birthday. They're having a ballerina or some shit like that". He answered.

"Yeah or some shit like that". Freddie said as he let out a little laugh.

Lili and Alfie both looked at each other, their heads shaking as they both laughed. "You know he's just like you". She muttered, her hand rubbing her back.

Alfie smiled as he stood behind her, gently rubbing circles around her back. "And if this one is anything like you, god help this world. Not only will she have a fiery temper, she will break so many hearts". He whispered, his lips gently brushing against her neck.

Lili leaned into his chest, her hands grabbing his own. "It wouldn't be too bad". She whispered, her eyes shutting.

If anyone had told Lili ten years ago that she would settle down, be happy and not have to live in fear, she would have told them to fuck off. But right one, she was living in bliss. She was finally happy.

"I love you". Alfie whispered in her ear.

"I love you too". She whispered back.