Fifty Eight

Lili let out a sigh as she sat in her car. A cigarette was hanging from her mouth as she looked up. She was parked on Tommy's drive, the family had been called in to get there cut from the jobs they did the night before.

She turned her head as there was a knock on her window. She looked up to see John standing there, a massive smile on his face. She opened the door and stepped out.

"You okay?" He asked as he pulled her in for a hug. She smiled sadly and wrapped her arms around him, her head on his chest. She shook her head and burst into tears. John sighed and held her close. His head resting on top of her own.

"That's why I didn't want you there Lili. I don't want you falling in that dark place again". He whispered. After a few minutes, they pulled away. John smiled sadly at her as he wiped away her tears.

"Come on". He said as he wrapped his arm around her. She rested her head on his shoulder as they walked towards the doors of Tommy's house.

"So....Tom told us that you had been seeing Solomons". He said, a smirk on his face.

"I think it's good you found someone. I mean, you could of chose someone better then Alfie fucking Solomons, but what the heart wants, the heart gets. Just know, if he hurts you, I'll kill him. But what's stopping you? After this meeting go and tell him you love him". He said. Lili smiled up at him widely.

John Shelby was and always will be the first one to make Lili smile, in any situation. Alfie Solomons was the second. The two men always brought out the real Lili, neither knew or saw that they had that affect on her.

"I'll always love you the most Johnny". She whispered.

He looked down at her and smiled. "Same. Always and forever, no matter what. I'd stand in front of you and get hailed and shot down by a fucking machine gun, just to save you if I had too". He said.

Lili smiled up at him, tears in her eyes. "I'd do the same for you". She whispered.

He smiled down at her and kissed her forhead gently.

They walked into Tommy's office. Lili's eyes finding Michael's immediatley.

She wrapped her arms around him. He pulled her close, there bond was never going to be broken now. "We're finally free from him". She whispered.

"We are". He whispered back.

She smiled softly. She sat down, her seat inbetween John and Polly. Her hand slipped into both their hands, a sigh escaping her lips.

"Before I begin, I made a mistake. I want to apologise to all of you". Tommy said.

"Arthur, Lili, you both warned me agaisnt getting involved in Russian buisness and you we're right". He said.

Arthur nodded his head, a soft hum escpaing his throat.

"I doubted your wife. For that, I'm sorry. Linda, I've added 3,000 here in hope you will forgive me". Tommy muttered.

Linda stood up and walked towards Tommy's desk. She grabbed the money. "Apology accepted". She chimed as she walked back to her seat. Both Lili and Polly rolled there eyes at her.

"Esme, I doubted you as well". Tommy muttered.

"Now John's got innocent lives on his conscience. Ordinary working me". She snapped.

"Yeah all right Esme". John muttered.

"No, she's right. Both you and Arthur are going to have that burden. But I hope the house that you could buy with this can become a place of contemplation. Perhaps redemption". Tommy said as the threw John and Arthur there money.